Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic or Manual?
Skill

Automatic or Manual?

hi guys,

Going on my first test drive tomorrow

I am obviously used to manual cars but i am tempted to have an easier life by swaying to the automatic.

What is everyones experience with manual vs automatic on these cars and what is the tiptronic version like if there is one?

Does the automatic feel slower?

Still not decided which route I am going down yet I just need to sit down with the salesman and see what all the options come up to and see what i can do without!

Its got to be a five door, In black, black or red leather and diesel 190bhp...the rest will be slowly decided.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Personal car:- M3 coupe
Company car:- 61 focus econetic
Previous cars:- Z3, 986, 986S. Etc
30-11-2011 10:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vinny

RE: Automatic or Manual?

Auto more expensive,thirstier,higher road tax and lazier.Is ment to be quicker on paper but still cant convert me....now if it was 8 speed then maybe

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
30-11-2011 10:52pm
jasonagusta

I was dead set on the manual until I actually drove the SD4 auto, and I can honestly say it really was the best of both world's, In everyday driving the auto is great for those long motorway journeys and much less fatiguing when driving in stop/start traffic conditions, When it is time for a bit of fun using the paddle shift box was superb, instantly changing gear with a pull of a paddle, so much fun when using them on tight and twisty Cumbrian roads, a quick downshift before entering a bend ensures ample power for the exit, but honestly, keep an open mind & try and test both if you can but I am sure you will find the auto superb. good luck & enjoy your drive tomorrow!! Smile

Arrived 1st March: Dynamic Lux Coupe SD4 auto, Body Fuji White with Black pano roof, style 7 alloys with Verve interior & ebony headliner, tow bar, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating glass, Heated steering wheel, high beam assist, Adaptive xenon's.
30-11-2011 11:29pm
Evo-king

If you're having a test drive tomorrow, make sure that you can drive each one back to back.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-11-2011 11:38pm
Skill

Thanks.

Personal car:- M3 coupe
Company car:- 61 focus econetic
Previous cars:- Z3, 986, 986S. Etc
01-12-2011 12:54am
EVO PUNDITT

(30-11-2011 10:52pm)vinny Wrote:  Auto more expensive,thirstier,higher road tax and lazier.Is ment to be quicker on paper but still cant convert me....now if it was 8 speed then maybe

Agree with you on this (spot on)Wink

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
01-12-2011 09:33am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They make Range Rovers with a manual shift? What is the world coming to............................Wink

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 09:36am by XFullFatTim.)
01-12-2011 09:35am
cjfp

(01-12-2011 09:35am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They make Range Rovers with a manual shift? What is the world coming to............................Wink

Somewhere for me to hang my take-away bag !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 09:41am by cjfp.)
01-12-2011 09:41am
Gthornton

Auto all the way, leaves the left foot for braking duties!

Arrived: 4WD SD4 Auto, Prestige, LUX Buckingham Blue w/everything apart from rear screens.
Current/ For Sale: C63 AMG Estate.
Gone: RRS TDV8, F360, Boxster S x3, F328GTS, Caterham etc...
01-12-2011 10:00am
EVO PUNDITT

(01-12-2011 10:00am)Gthornton Wrote:  Auto all the way, leaves the left foot for braking duties!
You drive an Auto with both feetShocked

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
01-12-2011 10:46am