Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Automatic Wipers
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Automatic Wipers

+1 on the totally random effectiness although I do have a noticable difference in sensitivity between the "Min" and "Max" settings on the stalk.
I think the sensor is the clear patch of screen behind the mirror mount, looks like a small matchbox stuck on the screen

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012 09:25pm by XFullFatTim.)
09-10-2012 04:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

No problems with mine on auto 3 weeks on from delivery.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
09-10-2012 04:35pm
hondafreak

(09-10-2012 04:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  +1 on the totally random exffectiness

compared to my previous car (Honda Accord) this auto wiper logic is almost useless. it's the same with the auto Headlights...

Never had one issue yet...very reliable car!

Fuji White, 5dr Prestige SD4 - Auto, Shadow Chrome 20" Style 7 Wheels, Winter Pack, Ambiance-Oxford
leather interior (ivory-espresso color),Rear Camera Parking Aid, Power Tailgate
09-10-2012 08:24pm
eddkawasaki

Could this be that the dealer has configured them for vehicle speed control instead of rain sensor?

From the manual

1. Rotate the collar to adjust the intermittent
period. The intermittent delay period will
vary and is controlled by either vehicle
speed or a rain sensor. The control must be
in position (4) to be operational.
This is a dealer configurable option.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
10-10-2012 06:22am
cjfp

(10-10-2012 06:22am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  Could this be that the dealer has configured them for vehicle speed control instead of rain sensor?

From the manual

1. Rotate the collar to adjust the intermittent
period. The intermittent delay period will
vary and is controlled by either vehicle
speed or a rain sensor. The control must be
in position (4) to be operational.
This is a dealer configurable option.

Good bit of remembering there edd.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
10-10-2012 06:56am
eddkawasaki

hehehe I've read the manual cover to cover about 30 times during the wait for my car to be delivered!

Only 5 days to delivery and 12 days until I pick it up now so I can probably read it a couple more times Smile

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
10-10-2012 07:01am
KaDargo

(09-10-2012 04:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  +1 on the totally random effectiness although I do have a noticable difference in sensitivity between the "Min" and "Max" settings on the stalk.
I think the sensor is the clear patch of screen behind the mirror mount, looks like a small matchbox stuck on the screen

I beleive that is the sensor, and it seems particularly sensitivfe to bug splatter Laughing

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
10-10-2012 10:01am
Big G

(09-10-2012 01:23pm)cjfp Wrote:  Mine appear to work fine, no complaints after 1 year and they've certainly had lots of practice this year!

+1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
10-10-2012 03:28pm
speary

I know this has been said before, but with winter approaching !. If your screen is iced up move the wiper stalk FROM auto befor you start the car. This is because the rain sensor will have ice/frost on it and will probably do a wipe which could damage your blades etc if they are frozen to the screen

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-10-2012 08:26am
wavey.dave

I didn't realise that there was a speed control on the stalk, on my last car (BMW) that controlled the intermittent speed, but of course, the Evoque doesn't have intermittent.

Changing from min to one higher has made a big impact (was on min since leaving dealer). However, I find that any other setting on the stalk has no impact. So its either min, or on as far as I can tell.

[Image: 143277.png]
11-10-2012 10:19am