Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you sure you are insured?
PhilSkill

RE: Are you sure you are insured?

I'm with Admiral Multi-car, overall works out half the price than LR and Aviva seperately for 2 cars. And All options were noted and cost no extra, even alterations when I renewed never cost a bean. Admirals accident process has been tried and has proved good so far, see griff's thread.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
18-01-2013 10:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(17-01-2013 10:41pm)Evo-king Wrote:  It was Tesco, but now I'm with the British Bulldog. Oh yes.

IIRC like Direct Line they are also owned by you and me as part if the RBS group. Ie they are state owned
Insurers! Oh yes, could be better. Don't av these problems insuring with Land Rover

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-01-2013 03:53pm
jitenc

Just near my renewal date.. Admiral come out £300 dearer than the cheapest quote from the comparison sites... Think now that admiral give you a very competitive price as a new customer but bump up the price for the 2nd year... Jokers... Am going to AXA with the same cover...

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
19-01-2013 11:02pm
cjh

On no! not AXA they are top of my black list.....They used every trick in the book to avoid paying up, they tried everything and eventually found a clause.....cost me £800 wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
19-01-2013 11:15pm
Bodlyfunctions

(18-01-2013 10:12am)paisan Wrote:  I am also with LR Insurance as they were most competitive when I collected car in March 2012. Aviva were hopeless and wanted to ramp up the premium and excess because it was a new model.
Aviva Customer service are abysmal. I stayed with them for a few years when insuring a Freelander but renewal time or any discussion with them was tortuous and I hate their voice controlled/word recognition switch board with a passion.
One thing to remember with LR Insurance is you cannot switch a car temporarily onto the policy i.e yours in for a service and you need a days cover on garage loan car . That may be a problem for some people. A car can only be switched onto the policy if the insured vehicle is being claimed for and then you have a temp loan vehicle to use.

I have a written clause on my certificate of insurance that I am covered to use a dealership courtesy car on my policy if mine goes in for a service.
Might be worth you giving LR a ring as when I asked them about loan car cover they needed to send me an updated certificate.
19-01-2013 11:16pm
PhilSkill

(19-01-2013 11:02pm)jitenc Wrote:  Just near my renewal date.. Admiral come out £300 dearer than the cheapest quote from the comparison sites... Think now that admiral give you a very competitive price as a new customer but bump up the price for the 2nd year... Jokers... Am going to AXA with the same cover...

Admiral same price this year as last... I don't really use comparison sites I always found when you filled in the details properly they were a totally different price. It's all about who they are targeting as customers on price.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-01-2013 11:21pm
doug

(18-01-2013 10:50am)PhilSkill Wrote:  I'm with Admiral Multi-car, overall works out half the price than LR and Aviva seperately for 2 cars. And All options were noted and cost no extra, even alterations when I renewed never cost a bean. Admirals accident process has been tried and has proved good so far, see griff's thread.

Admiral up set me a few years back. They wanted a extra £100 when I got 3 fixed points & another £100 a few months later as my wife had made a claim on her policy (she was a named driver on mine). Then when I changed from a Audi TT to a D3, yet another £200 was asked for. When I pointed out that if I was a new customer starting a policy online that the cost was over £300 less than there renewal price, but I just couldn't make there call centre staff understand my point. So I give up on Admiral after many years of great service.
So for me, never again.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2013 02:03pm by doug.)
19-01-2013 11:56pm
paisan

Thanks Bodlyfunctions, interesting to hear. Thats a question for LR Insurance when the renewal comes up in March.
Originally I was told no way , it was a minor inconvenience but not a deal breaker as the Dealership collect & return the vehicle for servicing/warranty work.
20-01-2013 11:25am
Offroadstu

SD4 Pure Auto insurance renewal with Direct Line £1077. 40 yr old male in good postcode 9+ years no claims. They don't want the business. Lost both our cars in last 3 months.
Landrover insurance great customer service 20 minutes later £560 much better cover.
14-02-2013 08:27pm
Wife's car

Land rover insurance what a joke, 56yr old 25 yrs no claims, decent post code, no convictions......quoted £1470
Even the woman who quoted me was shocked !!!

Comparison websites quote me between £300 and £480 same vehicle and details.
14-02-2013 09:21pm