Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you sure you are insured?
The Valeter

RE: Are you sure you are insured?

(14-02-2013 09:21pm)Wifes car Wrote:  Land rover insurance what a joke, 56yr old 25 yrs no claims, decent post code, no convictions......quoted £1470
Even the woman who quoted me was shocked !!!

Comparison websites quote me between £300 and £480 same vehicle and details.

Just goes to prove something we all know allready...........................The whole insurance game is one huge Rip-off!

Landrover insurance said on my Dynamic Lux the Panoramic roof is included.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2013 01:16am by The Valeter.)
17-02-2013 01:12am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wife's car

Great news, just checked online and LR insurance have reduced my quote
To £1170, wow how good is that, I am almost one year older, still no convictions, full no claims, it must be my postcode....but I live in a low crime area.
I always thought insurance was a risk assessment business,but have now seen the light, apparently we decent people are paying £60 on our premium for whiplash scams, wether they happen or not....
I have been quoted £285 by Admiral for the Evoque, which do we think I wil take.
17-02-2013 11:33am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

(17-02-2013 01:12am)The Valeter Wrote:  Just goes to prove something we all know allready...........................The whole insurance game is one huge Rip-off!

Landrover insurance said on my Dynamic Lux the Panoramic roof is included.

Trust me Admiral have just paid out over £5000 for my no fault claim and were superb I their service.
The reason your insurance is so high is the lack of moral compass when it come to making a quick buck from certain members of the public.

I work in financial services compliance and you would be amazed at the number of folks who submit false claims for whiplash, PPI, and the endowment compensation. Over half the claims I dealt with were false for endowments, and obviously so.
Rant over

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
17-02-2013 12:20pm
Evo-king

Griff,

Before I retired I did something similar for the Government, trying to save taxpayers money.

We have to try and force these costs down somehow. Keep up the good work.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-02-2013 06:38pm
Tony

(17-02-2013 12:20pm)griff Wrote:  I work in financial services compliance and you would be amazed at the number of folks who submit false claims for whiplash, PPI, and the endowment compensation. Over half the claims I dealt with were false for endowments, and obviously so.
Rant over

We made two claims for blatently miss sold endowment policies and got zilch back!! talk about the insurance industries protecting their own. We were told a pack of lies by two insurance sales people and unless we had recorded the sales transactions (in 1985) we had no recourse, even if we had recorded the sale we would no doubt have 'infringed the human rights of the insurance sales person'. Insurance, Bankers, Politicians - put em all against a wall and be done with them.

Tony
Rant over, no chance - don't get me started!

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
17-02-2013 08:05pm
Teetree

(16-02-2013 06:49pm)Evogirl Wrote:  Spoken to Esure today re insurance for my car due in two weeks, I asked if the pano roof was covered under windscreen or general car cover....the guy obviously hadn't been asked this before but went and spoke to his manager then came back and said its covered under windscreen.

I shall have this written into my policy when I take it out.

Yes definitely have it written in the policy as I've just had a look at the current policy and it says otherwise:

What is not covered:
Damaged or broken glass in sunroofs or fixed or moveable glass roof panels

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
19-02-2013 01:40pm