Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)
vinny

RE: Anyone "upgraded" bulbs on a Pure (Halogens)

(18-02-2012 05:26pm)Ray Parlour Wrote:  Well, Vincent, when I ordered the car Xenons were not available and by the time they became available again, the car was committed to build. I could, of course, cancelled my order or paid an extra £7k for the Prestige or Dynamic models but decided against it.

Well Raymond,if your not fast your last!
He who hesitates has lost
Who dares wins etc.......

My order- fuji white sd4 manual coupe,tech pack,xenons,style 6 20's,pano roof,privacy,front fogs,rear camera,folding mirrors,ebony int/ivory headliner,dec delivery.(still waiting!) Collected 14/01/2012
NOW SOLD as of 26/07/14 Very Happy
Now driving Audi SQ5, everything the Evoque should of been.
(This post was last modified: 18-02-2012 08:31pm by vinny.)
18-02-2012 08:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

.... Just don't touch the bisquits !

Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
18-02-2012 09:49pm
DefLeppard

(18-02-2012 09:58am)vinny Wrote:  This happened with my last car (bmw 123 coupe)the forums were full of people wanting to retro fit xenons,bluetooth,sat nav etc....why don't they tick the option box at the time of ordering instead of spending the next couple of years trying to achieve the car they really wanted?
The extra initial outlay if often recouped at time of resale as potential buyers who know what they want will be put off buying your car without the desired factory fitted options.
Rant over.

This has always had me pondering.

I normally have the top of the line spec in cars with everything. Yet when I go to sell them (every 12-18mths) I find Im competing against the lower spec cars - as people just want a bargain. And when I try and explain the difference - e.g. leather, satnav, sunroof etc, they say they don't want to have to pay extra for them. (really hits hard with dealer trade ins - they rarely seem to care what spec/added options are on the car.)

Hence this time, when the budget wouldn't stretch to a $85,000 plus Prestige, I just added onto a pure what I absolutely had to have. (and saved myself $12,000)

Things such as Xenons, as cool as they look, just weren't in the budget.
So yeah, if someone can come up with a $20 option that looks a little nicer, well done!

(Xenons with auto wipers were $1700 here)

Lesson for the day - win lotto and add every option..... Smile

SD4 Pure, Auto, 5 dr, Mauritius Blue, Pure Tech Pack, Reversing Camera, Front parking aid, Heated seats, Sat Nav, mud flaps. after market tint.

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjyQDpCj
(This post was last modified: 22-02-2012 04:40am by DefLeppard.)
22-02-2012 04:38am
Evoqess

DefLeppard - I'm totally on your side. I've been burnt, more than once because I HAD to have the steerable bi-xenons, larger alloys and higher spec hifi etc- and it mean't zilch at selling/trade in time (although it may have made my car more attractive to a prospective buyer who had a few choices - but at the same price which left me the loser at the end of the day).
I would say "spec within financial reason and for happiness".
I have a spectacular vehicle, saved $1000s and the little niggle of headlights that are poorly matched to my DRLS can be easily solved for a pittance thanks to this thread! *thumbs way up*

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
22-02-2012 05:11am
Barneyridge

As more people asking, this was my experience. I posted this on Australian section and never got around to posting here. Idid the install about 2week ago. I used the Osram night breaker 2, night time driving is not bad, but I am thinking now of getting the full Xenon kit.

1. The install- was pretty straight forward. The drivers side light has better access than the passenger. The manual explains the process well and easy to follow. The only thing is the manual only refers to the xenon set up. With the halogen bulb, to remove you just twist the glob in the housing to remove. Getting the electrical clips off were a little hard on passenger side due to space limitations. I was say do the drivers side first, as you have better access and can learn on that one first. It took about 30 mins to do the install, and I am no expert

2. Results- whilst the garage is dark, I have not had a chance to see at night time. But in the garage the light is still a yellowish colour albeit less yellow than before. The Osram night breakers have two blue rings on the globe to make it a whiter light. I think if you want the bright white, you need a full blue colour glass bulb (stand to be corrected), but I think these actually reduce the performance of the light. So they are not a colour match to the led fog lights and DRLs, but I am sure you can do further research and maybe get some different bulbs. Once you have change the bulbs once it would be easier the second time. The cost of the bulbs was about $30 from eBay, so a cheap mod.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
01-03-2012 10:40pm
Westy

(11-02-2012 06:07am)nctran19 Wrote:  My 6K HID kit just came in, going to replace the Halogen bulbs, will post up some pics sometime in the up coming week.

Have you had chance to fit the hid kit yet?

Would love to see the results, I think barney ridge is on the same page too.

On a separate thread I posted I had a quick look last weekend at the headlights and there is only one bulb per side and there's not a lot of room to get the electrics and the ballast inside, it may mean you have to drill a hole in the back of the headlight to run the wiring through and then use a grommet, if any of you have any tips I would appreciate it.

I note that the genuine xenon headlamp has the ballast built into it.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
04-03-2012 12:48pm
WB
WB

Anyone updates from anyone who has found bulbs that match the DRLs?
14-03-2012 12:02pm
Jonathon555

Ring xenon max is a very white light

I will be try those

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
15-03-2012 11:20pm
Gorjan

Why everyone is just talking about the looks of the halogen lights (being yellowish) , isn't the more important thing that real xenon lights actually have twice as bright as halogen?

I don't have experience with xenons, and I want to get an Evoque already at the daelers (hey don't have any Pure with xenons. prestige/Dynamics are just too exoensive for me, and I don't want to wait.. so is halogen light on the Evoque ok compared to the xenon one?

And is it possible to retrofit the original xenon lights? It will also require the headlamp washing system..

IMPORTANT:
Please also check this article and AutoExpress video regarding dangers of installing "HID upgrade kits":

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/...sions.html

Cheers,
Gorjan

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
(This post was last modified: 27-03-2012 08:30pm by Gorjan.)
22-03-2012 09:46pm
MrHooky

For those interested I've just emailed Ring about their new Ultima bulb which is apparently brighter than the 'xenon max' bulb. Hopefully whiter too. Will report back as and when I get a response as currently they don't seem to do anything in the HB3 fitting...

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/new_search.php

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
29-04-2012 11:51am