Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
4pm Sunday 7th in York..
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: 4pm Sunday 7th in York..

Paulus, cheers for that, that's where I thought I had seen the switches on the Si4 Dynamic Plus at Gleneagles. Reading the online owners manual it appears those higher buttons are so the rear passengers can operate the seat mechanism easily from the back seat and normally you would use the lever and the button down on the seat base to move the seat forward.
Glad you all found that nothing has changed since last weekend!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-08-2011 09:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

I was at York today on the 2:15 drive, took a few pics which ill upload now and add to my post.

As said already the day was really well set out and i really had a good time, the food was very nice and served by profesionals.

The drive its self was good and as im from the area i knew where and when i could give the loud pedal a squirt, I must admit is suprised on how well it does actually drive and respond for a small engine. The engine noise heard in the cabin is about the same as my D4 with the exception you could obviousley tell it was a 4 potter and not a 6 pot.

The Dynamic suspetion made a nice difference to the handeling of the car and in my opinion its worth having if possibile.

Only concern i have out of the full day is that of the Oxford leather seats, i saw on the seats of the car in the "Show room" that the drivers side bolster cushion in cream ish leather was already stained with i think blue from jeans and slighlty soggy from all the people getting in and out of it. I worry that over time the seats will get really bad and de-value the car if not looked after.

[Image: food.jpg]

The first pictures are for Tim, Im not to impressed with the spead of the movment forward and back seen in the Youtube vid below.

[Image: seat.jpg]

[Image: seat_lever.jpg]

[Image: seat_button.jpg]

I think the button is in a better place on this type of seat V the Dynamic std seats, i say this because if your passanger gets out of the passanger side of the car the driver can not slide the seat back without getting out as the button is on the level panal. where as on this seat type it can be reached by the driver. 6 and 2 3's i suppose.

The 5 door Dynamic in Indus Silver outside on show with roof rails and one off black wheels.

[Image: Indus_Silver1.jpg]

[Image: Indus_Silver_2.jpg]

a couple of the array of cars on show we had to play prod poke and drive.

[Image: lineup.jpg]

[Image: lineup2.jpg]

The sexy red Dynamic Coupe with Black contrast roof.

[Image: red_Dynamic_Coupe.jpg]

[Image: red_Dynamic_Coupe_2.jpg]

[Image: red_Dynamic_Coupe_3.jpg]

And finally as i was really to engrosed in looking at all the cars to take more pictures, A stunning looking black 5 door prestige that was used for the Terrapod.

[Image: black1.jpg]

[Image: black.jpg]

[Image: black2.jpg]

[Image: black3.jpg]

[Image: black4.jpg]

enjoy

Pete

PS did anyone drive a car with the seat type shown above ? i sat in one but i wonder if they are a more harsher ride that the standard Dynamic seats.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 10:45pm by bell-auto-services.)
07-08-2011 09:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

(07-08-2011 09:52am)ED209 Wrote:  Enjoy all- even though I am a little bit angry/disappointed about missing out as I have been waiting for a cancellation for today for about 6 weeks but i am aware that others have rang this week and mamanged to swap times/days over to sunday. Thanks JLR for ringing me like you promised - not.

I was suprised that there seemed to be a few there who'd actually not placed an order. I'd understood that it was only for people who'd at least placed a deposit.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
07-08-2011 11:07pm
Andymjenkins

(07-08-2011 11:07pm)paulus599 Wrote:  I was suprised that there seemed to be a few there who'd actually not placed an order. I'd understood that it was only for people who'd at least placed a deposit.

I can confirm that the event is open to everyone who registered quick enough. I have yet to place an order or to even to know where my local RR dealership is, but I responded to a mailshot on the day it arrived.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2011 11:40pm by Andymjenkins.)
07-08-2011 11:40pm
ED209

Still gutted i didnt get the call for this, spent the day at work instead, just finished.
07-08-2011 11:42pm
XFullFatTim

The Red in the Dynamic Plus is really too bright for me! I saw the same car at Gleneagles, but they only had 10 cars available there - 5 to look at and 5 for driving, but then we also had what appear to be much smaller groups too. Food at Gleneagles was excellent too.
The Indus 5 door wth the black wheels and roof bars looks soooooooooooooooooo cool, a real outdoors activities car, all it needs are some dirty mountain bikes on the roof and some mud up the sides of the car!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-08-2011 12:16am by XFullFatTim.)
08-08-2011 12:13am
Mallam

I was at the Saturday show. It was interesting that nearly all the cars had 20" wheels, after the pictures of the Liverpool journalist events with them all on 19"s. I drove a prestige Fuji with the style 8 wheels. After all the comments about the ride quality I was hoping to come away with a decision on whether AD was necessary.

The ride felt good and I was feeling quite comfortable about the lack of AD on the prestige until the last 5mins of the drive. When you pull back into York racecourse you drive along a short private road before turning into the main compound. This private road was really bad quality and I felt virtually every bump coming through the car. It made the suspension feel quite harsh.

After I handed the car back I went to speak to one of the land rover people and asked if I could try a car with AD - I think all the dynamics had it. They were really good and let me take a grey 5 door for a spin. I did a bit of exploring around the area trying some of the backstreets and side streets.

I think the AD does make a difference. On normal settings it softened the car making the potholes and speed bumps less noticable. I certainly thought it felt smoother. The big question in my mind was - does this feel £1000 better? I'm not sure. I've ordered the surround cameras and am wondering whether the AD might be a better option. My friend who was with me at the time agreed that the AD made a difference but when I told him the price he said it was not worth it.

I'm going to have a chat with my dealership today. My build date is scheduled for October so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to change my spec now. If I can I'll probably order AD. I've been driving a TT for the last 4 years. One of the main reasons for choosing this car was to get something a little softer and more luxurious, so from that respect it probably makes sense. Unfortunatley a little voice in my head is shouting change to 19" wheels and save your self £1500!!
08-08-2011 04:03am
XFullFatTim

AD doesn't just have an effect on the ride, if you spec it you also get the Dynamic setting on the TR panel which will also remap the electronic steering as well as changing the damper settings more. It also makes the car corner flatter when engaged. The non AD cars have to have a compromise for all surfaces, AD equipped cars have suspension and steering variable to suit the road surface and your driving mood

08-08-2011 09:01am
Tony_T

@bell-auto-services
Thank you for the pictures, I've been wanting to see Indus Silver Dynamic on the black Stryle 8 wheels, and I am definitely on the right track. Only difference is I want a contrast black pano roof.
08-08-2011 12:07pm
berlin2011

(08-08-2011 12:07pm)Tony_T Wrote:  @bell-auto-services
Thank you for the pictures, I've been wanting to see Indus Silver Dynamic on the black Stryle 8 wheels, and I am definitely on the right track. Only difference is I want a contrast black pano roof.

Tony,

one for you.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
08-08-2011 02:04pm