Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Orkney Grey, have we been misled !!!!
berlin2011

RE: Orkney Grey, have we been misled !!!!

(09-08-2011 01:07pm)Mike Wrote:  Sorry, I should have replied to this sooner. At the event in York at the weekend, I asked the experts who said all the cars on show were Orkney Grey, and they looked fantastic.
However i was not convinced, so i got one of them to put the orkney grey model car on the bonnet of one of these cars,it wasn't the same! then we hunted out the spec sheets and guess what stornoway grey, even though we were being told orkney. Watch out landrover you might have customers picking up new cars later this year and not accepting them as they are not the same as the ones they have seen on the drive events. I for one will not be ordering a colour I have not seen.

OK, time for a different tack on this topic….

I'm so excited at being part of the select group that have actually not had their car seen in any shape, form or fashion in public! While all of you will be bored by the time you get your cars, having seen them plastered over every website, magazine cover and TV channel in their White, Red, Black, Blue etc. livery, the OG brigade will still have one surprise left till they get their keys handed to them…..that being the "Oh, is THAT what it looks like" moment Shocked or Very Happy??

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
09-08-2011 01:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

I was in the Land Rover Dealership on the weekend asking about the grey and was told that Stornoway Grey could be ordered with the car if so wished, as it was being brought in due to suply problems from the tsunami with the orkney (though the stornoway will be phased out completely). Also it would be possible to order the car with Baltic blue.
I have to say that from the sample colours on display, the orkney did have a bluish tinge to the grey and that it was slightly lighter than stornoway. I think in the flesh they will both look stunning.
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 02:29pm by Craig_d1.)
09-08-2011 02:27pm
berlin2011

(09-08-2011 02:27pm)Craig_d1 Wrote:  I was in the Land Rover Dealership on the weekend asking about the grey and was told that Stornoway Grey could be ordered with the car if so wished, as it was being brought in due to suply problems from the tsunami with the orkney (though the stornoway will be phased out completely). Also it would be possible to order the car with Baltic blue.
I have to say that from the sample colours on display, the orkney did have a bluish tinge to the grey and that it was slightly lighter than stornoway. I think in the flesh they will both look stunning.

Guys,

Surely anyone living in that area (Liverpool) could simply drive to the factory and go and look at / take pictures of the 'ready for customer delivery' Evoques in Orkney Grey if they are reaaaallly concerned about the exact shade of Grey they will be getting?

I spotted several in the pics Jonathan555 took during his recent visit to Halewood

Hidden behind and to the left of the Firenze in this pic
[Image: 96ade70b.jpg]

and half exposed behind the Fuji on the right hand side
[Image: 686e0fab.jpg]

Granted these pics did not aim to show the OG so they are not clear but it seems to me that the mystery could be solved quite easily if anyone was to do what Jonathan555 did and visit H/wood?

PS. Thanks for the pictures Jonathan555

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
09-08-2011 03:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Or you could pop into a Jaguar dealer and ask to see a Lunar painted car...............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-08-2011 03:44pm
Blackseries

I'm sure this is OG ..... I saw it coming out of the factory 2 weeks ago. It looked a very light grey to me.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 04:37pm by Blackseries.)
09-08-2011 04:35pm
QUATTROMAN

I believe you are all missing the point with this Stornoway Grey / Orkney silver paint issue- The missing factor is xirallic- it is not in the Orkney / Lunar grey, however it is in Stornoway and yes it is in Firenze Red.
The point being- is how it reflects light and can make the pearlescent look that makes the depth of shine appear greater than it is.
with a basic metallic paint you dont get this. see link for futher info on xirallic.

http://www.richardaucock.com/xirallic-what-is-it/
09-08-2011 05:15pm
berlin2011

(09-08-2011 05:15pm)QUATTROMAN Wrote:  I believe you are all missing the point with this Stornoway Grey / Orkney silver paint issue- The missing factor is xirallic- it is not in the Orkney / Lunar grey, however it is in Stornoway and yes it is in Firenze Red.
The point being- is how it reflects light and can make the pearlescent look that makes the depth of shine appear greater than it is.
with a basic metallic paint you dont get this. see link for futher info on xirallic.

http://www.richardaucock.com/xirallic-what-is-it/

…duh! You are dredging up a four month old threadLaughing
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Issues-wi...from-Japan

There is simply a couple of us that have ordered the car in Grey and we are naturally curious to see what this particular Grey looks like. And since this seems to be one of the few last mysteries remaining it leads to healthy banter.

Yes, we can go look at a Jaguar in Lunar Grey, hell we can even just drive down to a local LR dealership and look at a FL2, D4, RRS or FFRR in Orkney Grey but then what fun would that be.

09-08-2011 06:07pm