Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
1st Service price differences, yikes!!!
Onebigjobby

RE: 1st Service price differences, yikes!!!

Cardiff Stratstone is £342 includes wash and valet. Wish they would price match!
02-12-2012 04:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IKM

Town & County, Aberdeen are £356... Includes either courtesy car or collecting and returning car to my office. Car will also be cleaned inside and out.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
02-12-2012 05:33pm
tetstb

Pentland 287 for service and 20.00 for two days with their RRS loan car.

Evoque was returned washed and vac'ed and they fixed all of the faults apart from one little rattle so very very very happy indeed.

It feels totally different to drive so not sure what they did or if I had been given a poorly PDI'd car to start with so perhaps I can start to fall in
love with it now that I've had it and hated it for almost a year !

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
02-12-2012 08:19pm
IKM

Update. Originally quoted £356 for 1st service... And too busy at work to look around or negotiate. Peter Vardy (previously Town & County) Aberdeen, phoned me for my cc details and charged "only" £300 as I was a member of LR Allegiance scheme!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
15-12-2012 11:05pm
stiggy

Just read through this thread and as I am an owner of two small businesses I like to champion the little guys.
Just to repeat (as I have checked it myself today) Land Rover Team Valley Gateshead £239 including parts, oil, labour, VAT and courtesy car!
Thats over £100 less than any other quote I got from the other stealers in the North (Birmingham up to Glasgow).
For those who don't know this place is right by the A1 and not far from the Metro centre.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
19-12-2012 03:07pm
ceebee

1st Service price differences, yikes!!!

Stiggy, I was holding job interviews last week and offered the job to daughter of the guy who (as it turns out) owns the place on the Team Valley.

I mentioned this forum and that members seemed to speak highly of the business and she said she would tell him and he would be over the moon.

Just a shame I sold my Pure a month ago..............could have asked for a discount!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 10:04pm by ceebee.)
19-12-2012 10:04pm
SiT

(19-12-2012 03:07pm)stiggy Wrote:  Just read through this thread and as I am an owner of two small businesses I like to champion the little guys.
Just to repeat (as I have checked it myself today) Land Rover Team Valley Gateshead £239 including parts, oil, labour, VAT and courtesy car!
Thats over £100 less than any other quote I got from the other stealers in the North (Birmingham up to Glasgow).
For those who don't know this place is right by the A1 and not far from the Metro centre.

I've mentioned that place before and I’ll be taking mine there in March when mine is due. I'm still flabbergasted why Stratstone Newcastle will want £100 more. I can understand it’s a franchised dealership with overheads but is it really worth going there..??
19-12-2012 10:25pm
speary

(19-12-2012 03:07pm)stiggy Wrote:  Just read through this thread and as I am an owner of two small businesses I like to champion the little guys.

Probably worth me travelling from Bolton and it would still be cheaper than local dealers. SWMBO could have a few hours shopping as well. On second thoughts that will probably cost more Crying

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
20-12-2012 09:48am
Urban Splash

I'm going to use the one at Team Valley. Stratstone Newcastle are just way overpriced. It has been mentioned that the paintwork warranty is not valid if car not serviced at a Main Dealer, but that may not accurate. Perhaps someone can verify?

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
20-12-2012 11:38am
WB
WB

(20-12-2012 11:38am)Urban Splash Wrote:  I'm going to use the one at Team Valley. Stratstone Newcastle are just way overpriced. It has been mentioned that the paintwork warranty is not valid if car not serviced at a Main Dealer, but that may not accurate. Perhaps someone can verify?

That is nonsense. The paintwork warranty would only not be valid on panels repaired by non approved bodyshops.

The EU requires that manufacturers honour the warranty as long as you use original parts - you don't even have to get servicing done by main dealers but they don't like us to know that.
20-12-2012 12:52pm