Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque RS spotted at Nurburgring
BA74

RE: Evoque RS spotted at Nurburgring

My other car is a 5.4L V8 Ford!
We love powerful cars... It stays home on double demerit point weekends though!
An Evoque with a bit more grunt is needed. Competitors are her and more coming. Was a no brainer that I was going again with another Evoque 6 months ago, now looking at Porsche Macan.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
27-01-2014 09:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Evoque RS spotted at Nurburgring

My rented Hyundai i20 was all I needed in Perth to get a ticket. I love Australia (though expensive for our devalued GBPs) but driving is a bit frustrating. Maybe I need to chill more when there.

I think the Macan is going to cause LR plenty of trouble, especially among the crowd we see here who have an Evoque one day and decide to change to something different like an Audi or BMW. The Macan may well offer them all the SUV-ness they need. I am visiting the plant in Leipzig where they are made in a May though after a brief flirtation with the configurator, I am back on message with the RRS. It's a very striking car to look at compared to the jelly mould Q5 and Cayenne.

I agree a V6 is needed for the Evoque to compete with the Macan though I expect there's an issue with space in the engine bay for a traverse mounted V6 engine - plenty of width, not much length - and we might have to wait for the rumoured Evoque XL.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014 06:47am by mark_n.)
28-01-2014 06:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply