Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16MY Build Quality
Koidream

RE: 16MY Build Quality

AndyFrance, you are the most patient person I "know". I think it is time to consult a lawyer and make this a real case. If they don't talk to you by now, they will never do.

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2016 01:29pm by Koidream.)
05-01-2016 01:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

(05-01-2016 01:28pm)Koidream Wrote:  AndyFrance, you are the most patient person I "know". I think it is time to consult a lawyer and make this a real case. If they don't talk to you by now, they will never do.

All along legal action has been in mind, but only as a last resort, due to expense. I've sent email to LR France and dealership earlier this evening to remind them I have rejected the car. I will give a little time for discussion between themselves etc., But I doubt they'll agree to the rejection, or even reply.

I'm certain the car was altered/repaired in some way before I took delivery. For one, the bonnet must have been replaced, unless TOPIx is wrong. It's not a cut n' shut, but I believe someone has been dishonest! As far as I'm aware, it's unlawful to sell a brand new car that has been repaired without telling the purchaser beforehand.

Unfortunately, legal action is close.
05-01-2016 06:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Before letting off more barrels, take the time to hand write a letter, not typed, not emailed as an attachment and send it Registered Mail and include a date that you expect a reply to it by. Send it to them with a cc copy to Dr Ralph Spelth CEO Jaguar Land Rover (you can email that one if you like with an explanation why you feel you need to contact him directly). Keep it consise with a description of what your car suffered, what was/wasn't done and what the response of Land Rover France and the dealer was. Keep it civil and do not make it a rant.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
05-01-2016 09:28pm
AndyFrance

(05-01-2016 09:28pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Before letting off more barrels, take the time to hand write a letter, not typed, not emailed as an attachment and send it Registered Mail and include a date that you expect a reply to it by. Send it to them with a cc copy to Dr Ralph Spelth CEO Jaguar Land Rover (you can email that one if you like with an explanation why you feel you need to contact him directly). Keep it consise with a description of what your car suffered, what was/wasn't done and what the response of Land Rover France and the dealer was. Keep it civil and do not make it a rant.
Thanks Tim. I'll start writing the letter tomorrow.
05-01-2016 09:47pm
AndyFrance

Registered letter's sent to dealership and LR France. I have asked LRCR on here for an email address to send a copy to JLR CEO Dr Ralf Speth. So, I reckon I'll be able to send it to him within the next few weeks Laughing

Thanks again Tim........As the advert says, every little helps!
06-01-2016 04:25pm
walterwindbag

Best of luck Andy.
Not rubbing salt but mines running like a Swiss watch.
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
06-01-2016 05:21pm
AndyFrance

(06-01-2016 05:21pm)walterwindbag Wrote:  Best of luck Andy.
Not rubbing salt but mines running like a Swiss watch.
Walt

Walt, I couldn't be happier for you mate!

Andy
06-01-2016 05:26pm
Tony

(06-01-2016 04:25pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  Registered letter's sent to dealership and LR France. I have asked LRCR on here for an email address to send a copy to JLR CEO Dr Ralf Speth. So, I reckon I'll be able to send it to him within the next few weeks Laughing

Thanks again Tim........As the advert says, every little helps!

Andy,

You have a pm

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
07-01-2016 12:43pm
AndyFrance

Thanks Tony!
07-01-2016 01:07pm
AndyFrance

Well, thanks to a couple of people on here (they know who), it looks like things are starting to move in the right direction incredibly fast. It also appears even LR France lurk here. Just shows you the power of 'social media'.

I've asked a very pleasant lady at LR a couple of awkward (for them) Q's about my car. Apparently, LRCR France will be calling me back next week. I was asked to contact the dealership to arrange the repair's, but I reminded her I have rejected the car.......I want my questions answered, then we'll see what happens next.

+ The bonus of all this........You lot ain't gotta listen to any more of my whinging for a few days Laughing

Cheers all!
(This post was last modified: 07-01-2016 04:50pm by AndyFrance.)
07-01-2016 04:48pm