Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16MY Build Quality
PhilSkill

RE: 16MY Build Quality

You mean this one...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-12-2015 11:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

Well done Phil, that's the one Laughing

I'm very tempted, but I hope it doesn't have to come to that.
29-12-2015 11:30pm
AndyFrance

I've asked for clarification, but in the meantime, can anyone shed light on the following:

"a non-conforming use of the vehicle"

I received this in an email from LR France just now. I have a dashboard vibration in every gear between 1500-2000rpm. It sounds to me they won't be addressing this fault because of the way I drive? Perhaps they'll raise the tick over to 2001rpm Shocked

Then they invited me to contact the dealer..........The dealer never replies..........They're really having a laugh now!

At least they have agreed to replace the driver seat, repair the bad paint job and fix the tailgate that the dealer workshop broke in the first place..........Now, have to get them to address the rest of the problem's, and the newly discovered battery drain which they don't know about yet.

Cowboy's and indian's!

I received the clarification:

"under speed drive"

Still in the dark, but I think LR are claiming driver error. I'm in their opinion not driving fast enough?.....Are these people for real Laughing
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 03:52pm by AndyFrance.)
30-12-2015 03:26pm
AndyFrance

I've just come to the conclusion that I don't think I can take much more of this nonsense. I'm dealing with idiots. To blame driver error for a dash vibration is ludicrous. I'm laughing and feeling angry at the same time. Remove the dash and take a gander, too difficult for them?

I'm going to do something I should have done 9+ months ago. I'm going to have a test drive of the Macan diesel S. If I like it, I'll see what they'll offer me for my Special "CRAP" Edition MY16.
30-12-2015 06:25pm
Good shot

Here is the new uk consumer car law. I would think it's the same across the EU?

As of 1 October 2015, the Sale of Goods Act from 1979 will be replaced by the Consumer Rights Act 2015. One important difference is that consumers are entitled to a full refund on any product that is found to be faulty in the first 30 days of ownership. This replaces the previous rule, which stated that retailers only needed to replace or repair the faulty item.
If a fault develops after 30 days but within six months of purchase, the Consumer Rights Act 2015 allows dealers one chance to repair or replace the car; after that, buyers are entitled to a full or partial refund
However, remember that driver-error accidents and normal wear and tear isn’t covered, so things like brake pads, clutches and tyres are unlikely to be replaced free of charge.
Before you reject a faulty car

If a new car is faulty, you can reject it, but this should be a last resort and only after you’ve tried to resolve any issues with the dealer. If they offer to fix any problems, make sure to get any agreements in writing, and keep a record of everything that happens. Also, make sure you understand any costs involved before you allow the dealer to proceed.
If you reject a car

However, if you do decide to reject the car, you must do this within six months of taking delivery. You should hand over your keys to the dealer you bought the car from, and give your reasons for rejecting the car in writing, being as specific as possible, and remember to keep a copy of the letter for yourself.
The dealer could refuse to accept the rejection, however, and if this happens, go straight to the manufacturer. They may be able to help negotiate a compromised settlement on your behalf.

Read more: New car rights: Can I reject my car? | Carbuyer http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advic...z3vpP0laoC
Follow us: @CarbuyerUK on Twitter | CarbuyerUK on Facebook

Good luck - and Happy New Year to all.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
30-12-2015 06:59pm
bee

sound like a good idea andyfrance, this is how things get sorted in france. us brits tend to bee more layed back. Laughing

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
30-12-2015 07:30pm
AndyFrance

(30-12-2015 07:30pm)bee Wrote:  sound like a good idea andyfrance, this is how things get sorted in france. us brits tend to bee more layed back. Laughing

Well bee, they're certainly laid back at the factory, almost to the point of falling over.

I lifted out the spare wheel this morning. Wanted to make sure the jack and brace were there. Found 3 pillar trim clips in the boot well. Checked the rear pillars. One not fixed properly. At least they included the parts in the sale. S'pose I'll have to ask LR if they would be kind enough to fix that under warranty as well Laughing
31-12-2015 12:05pm
AndyFrance

Another fault noticed, second of the day.

Range Rover lettering off centre of bonnet by half inch to one side. Really noticeable against the outer edge of the front grille. LR must be an equal opportunity employer.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it. TOPIx lists my build 'Minor features' with 'Hood Scoop - Black', but no bonnet vents on the car..............The dealer says it is a mistake on TOPIx. I didn't think that there were any mistakes on TOPIx, it should match my car 100%. I've asked LRCR by email for the 2nd time, 1st reply said ask dealer...... WTF? I've said that it could affect resale if the build data and car do not match?

I'm thinking, did the dealer swap bonnet's before delivery?..........This car is making me paranoid Laughing

A Happy New Years Eve to everybody!
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2015 07:09pm by AndyFrance.)
31-12-2015 06:57pm
Steve D

Might be a replacement bonnet - a heavy prang en-route to the dealer maybe? Only joking!

Happy New Year!

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
31-12-2015 07:11pm
AndyFrance

(31-12-2015 07:11pm)Steve D Wrote:  Might be a replacement bonnet - a heavy prang en-route to the dealer maybe? Only joking!

Happy New Year!

You may be joking, but I think you could be right. The dealer had the car delivered at least a week before they told me. I only discovered that when I checked the online service history. When asked, their answer was, we couldn't tell you until we had received the paperwork/invoice from LR..........Yeah righto!
31-12-2015 07:22pm