Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16MY Build Quality
bee

RE: 16MY Build Quality

Very dubious. From spain.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
01-01-2016 06:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

Has anyone had experience of, or heard of a TOPIx build list and car not matching 100%?

Happy New Year all!
01-01-2016 07:17pm
AndyFrance

Obviously not........I can't believe there are so many, or appear to be so many happy people on here that have purchased Evoque's and lovin it........It takes all sorts I suppose. Take out all the fault's, all the quirks, forget about the look.........I'm going to burst a few bubble's, but, It's really, honestly, truly an average car. Not worth the price tag, and mainly assembled using push-fit fittings....That's why you don't get a tool kit Laughing
02-01-2016 10:28pm
Stadt Panzer

16MY Build Quality

Andy, I'm on my third Evoque and to be honest they have all acted perfectly. Is the car worth the £50,000 I paid, I think so, I have looked at BMW's etc but to get the level of comfort I want to have I'd be paying more. I'm not saying it's the best car in the world but it ticks all the boxes from my point of view. I feel for you buddy, with all the problems you are facing and I wouldn't wish that on anyone (well maybe the ex-wife [emoji6]) and I know that I'd be ranting and raving if it happened to me. I really hope that LR pull their finger out and help you.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
03-01-2016 11:18am
AndyFrance

(03-01-2016 11:18am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Andy, I'm on my third Evoque and to be honest they have all acted perfectly. Is the car worth the £50,000 I paid, I think so, I have looked at BMW's etc but to get the level of comfort I want to have I'd be paying more. I'm not saying it's the best car in the world but it ticks all the boxes from my point of view. I feel for you buddy, with all the problems you are facing and I wouldn't wish that on anyone (well maybe the ex-wife [emoji6]) and I know that I'd be ranting and raving if it happened to me. I really hope that LR pull their finger out and help you.

Stadt, I apologise to you and everyone else that my comments have upset. I was just looking for reactions, something that LR and the dealer haven't given me. I know there is something suspect about my car, and although I'm trying to find out what it is, my guess is I'll never know. We all talk about a level of service we get, but I am currently getting no service. I know the dealer and LR France are talking to each other, but they don't want to talk to me.

My car doesn't match TOPIx.........What is going on?

Thanks for your reply, I don't really deserve it.

Regards
03-01-2016 11:41am
AndyFrance

My discovery of the two latest fault's, especially the 'Range Rover' bonnet lettering not centred is the last straw for me.

This morning I have informed Land Rover France, copy to dealer, that I am rejecting the car.

The long list of damage, fault's and bad build quality, along with the sheer ignorance and the lack of interest I've experienced from dealership and LR is a disgrace. I hope they will accept, but I'll wager they'll refuse the rejection.......That is if they bother to reply!
04-01-2016 09:00am
5jms5

Andy I feel your pain! I have owned several Land Rover cars in the past with no real problems. I know hindsight is a great thing where any of the faults noted at handover? If so I would have left the car with them and not paid remainder of money until I was happy.
I hope you get the result you want. I think with the amount of RRE sold there has to be the odd duff one most of us are happy with ours and dealers generally are good.
Good luck
04-01-2016 03:17pm
AndyFrance

(04-01-2016 03:17pm)5jms5 Wrote:  Andy I feel your pain! I have owned several Land Rover cars in the past with no real problems. I know hindsight is a great thing where any of the faults noted at handover? If so I would have left the car with them and not paid remainder of money until I was happy.
I hope you get the result you want. I think with the amount of RRE sold there has to be the odd duff one most of us are happy with ours and dealers generally are good.
Good luck
Thanks for that........I'd waited 8 months for the car, so I had my rose tinted glasses on for handover day. The handover was double quick, but I did have time to notice the tailgate was wonky. I was promptly told (almost as though they were expecting the Q) that there was nothing they could do about it other than perhaps bending the back quarter panel round a bit????? I was taken aback and thought I'd take the car and find out the best solution myself. I did inform LR about it soon after (everything is written down). It was only as the days went on, I was noticing more and more. The dealer from the start went on the defensive saying 'you didn't say anything was wrong when you picked up the car'. I did reply with 'I expect the dealer to point out any fault's'. From that moment I knew the car was in some way dodgy, and I now know it's riddled with fault's, damage and poor build quality. I also know it has the wrong bonnet on it according to TOPIx. I'm cock sure it's had some kind of damage repair.........With the 'Range Rover' bonnet letter's off centre, probably replaced by a one eyed Land Rover qualified technician, or grease monkey as I call him/her. However, they did manage to get the letter's in the correct order.

Regards
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2016 06:44pm by AndyFrance.)
04-01-2016 06:41pm
Clip

I would say it's probably fallen of the proverbial back of a truck. My father used to do some tooling design work for a certain car manufacturer in Australia a thousand years ago, and he bought a car that had fallen off the truck when leaving the factory. Got it real cheap, and then spent thousands doing it up. It was never any good! For some reason it not only had the body damage, but also developed gearbox and engine problems. The great car God in the sky must have known something from the start!
05-01-2016 01:17am
AndyFrance

These pic's are pretty much straight on, not angled as to exaggerate how much the 'RANGE ROVER' bonnet badge is off centre.
I'm finding it hard to accept the lettering could have been applied like this at the factory, but I could be wrong?

Still no reply from LR.......Still no reply from dealer, even though last week they said they'd phone me this Monday afternoon.

Didn't think that at this end of the market I'd be dealing with a company acting like crooks.....But I clearly am!

[Image: 1_zpsgx66tffy.jpg]
[Image: 2_zpsf8hsx0hn.jpg]
05-01-2016 12:52pm