babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New Evoque - DVLA question - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: New Evoque - DVLA question (/Thread-New-Evoque-DVLA-question)

New Evoque - DVLA question - FL22EV - 27-02-2016 12:28pm

Selling my current car (Freelander2) to a LR dealer on 1st March (part-exing for a new Evoque Very Happy ) and am interested in how to tell the DVLA that I've sold the Freelander...

I have the V5 form and there's a section to tear off & send to DVLA... but I've found there's a gov.uk website that allows you to inform the DVLA online that you've sold the car.

I'm interested if any forum member has used the gov.uk facility successfully... or is the consensus to stick with the 'document in the post' method...?

Cheers! Thanks!

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - Wife's car - 27-02-2016 02:19pm

Interesting, I am swapping my other car on March 1st so will have a look, when I collected my second Evoque in May last year I used the V5 method and received a letter from DVLA confirming receipt, which is probably what I will do this time.

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - supra dan - 28-02-2016 03:23pm

I just sold mine and used the website. its very easy and it says not to return the yellow slip. I will get a refund of the road tax remaining also within 4 weeks

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - FL22EV - 28-02-2016 03:25pm

(28-02-2016 03:23pm)supra dan Wrote:  I just sold mine and used the website. its very easy and it says not to return the yellow slip. I will get a refund of the road tax remaining also within 4 weeks

Did you get a confirmation quickly by email?

Ta

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - MrNoo - 28-02-2016 10:52pm

I used the website when I sold my fathers car last autumn. All went smoothly and I'd definitely use it again. He got a refund on the tax quite quickly (it took about a week).

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - Archieboy1 - 28-02-2017 10:48pm

I used the Landrover dealer in Glasgow when I part exchanged my D3 for a 4 and they did all the DVLA paperwork as part of their service. I'm about to trade in my D4 now for 2014 Evoque Dynamic so I expect the same will happen.

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - Donny Dog - 28-02-2017 11:10pm

Bizarrely, though, it only works between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm!Confused

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - Phil79 - 01-03-2017 12:30pm

Yep...I've used it twice over recent weeks, its easy and very efficient. As previously stated 07am-07pm Very HappyVery Happy

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question - XFullFatTim - 01-03-2017 12:48pm

Somebody has to feed the computer and they only work office hours............. maybe it's printer is prone to paper jams like the dot matrix fanfold printer I have in my office, nothing like having the latest up to date equipment....