Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque - DVLA question
FL22EV

New Evoque - DVLA question

Selling my current car (Freelander2) to a LR dealer on 1st March (part-exing for a new Evoque Very Happy ) and am interested in how to tell the DVLA that I've sold the Freelander...

I have the V5 form and there's a section to tear off & send to DVLA... but I've found there's a gov.uk website that allows you to inform the DVLA online that you've sold the car.

I'm interested if any forum member has used the gov.uk facility successfully... or is the consensus to stick with the 'document in the post' method...?

Cheers! Thanks!
27-02-2016 12:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wife's car

RE: New Evoque - DVLA question

Interesting, I am swapping my other car on March 1st so will have a look, when I collected my second Evoque in May last year I used the V5 method and received a letter from DVLA confirming receipt, which is probably what I will do this time.
27-02-2016 02:19pm
supra dan

I just sold mine and used the website. its very easy and it says not to return the yellow slip. I will get a refund of the road tax remaining also within 4 weeks
28-02-2016 03:23pm
FL22EV

(28-02-2016 03:23pm)supra dan Wrote:  I just sold mine and used the website. its very easy and it says not to return the yellow slip. I will get a refund of the road tax remaining also within 4 weeks

Did you get a confirmation quickly by email?

Ta
28-02-2016 03:25pm
MrNoo

I used the website when I sold my fathers car last autumn. All went smoothly and I'd definitely use it again. He got a refund on the tax quite quickly (it took about a week).

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
28-02-2016 10:52pm
Archieboy1

I used the Landrover dealer in Glasgow when I part exchanged my D3 for a 4 and they did all the DVLA paperwork as part of their service. I'm about to trade in my D4 now for 2014 Evoque Dynamic so I expect the same will happen.
28-02-2017 10:48pm
Donny Dog

Bizarrely, though, it only works between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm!Confused
28-02-2017 11:10pm
Phil79

Yep...I've used it twice over recent weeks, its easy and very efficient. As previously stated 07am-07pm Very HappyVery Happy
01-03-2017 12:30pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Somebody has to feed the computer and they only work office hours............. maybe it's printer is prone to paper jams like the dot matrix fanfold printer I have in my office, nothing like having the latest up to date equipment....

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 12:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-03-2017 12:48pm