babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
TopIX question - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: TopIX question (/Thread-TopIX-question)

Pages: 1 2

TopIX question - LaserTam - 25-06-2013 06:27pm

Hi all. Expectant owner here.
Car should be delivered to the dealer later this week, with pick up Fri or Sat. Dealer has given me the VIN of the car, but when I have entered this into TopIX it says VIN not found.

Does anyone have any experience of how quickly their database is updated with VINs? I had assumed it would be 'searchable' as soon as it was in build, but not in this case (unless they have given me the wrong VIN)

RE: TopIX question - Kojak - 25-06-2013 06:48pm

(25-06-2013 06:27pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Hi all. Expectant owner here.
Car should be delivered to the dealer later this week, with pick up Fri or Sat. Dealer has given me the VIN of the car, but when I have entered this into TopIX it says VIN not found.

Does anyone have any experience of how quickly their database is updated with VINs? I had assumed it would be 'searchable' as soon as it was in build, but not in this case (unless they have given me the wrong VIN)

Should be pretty instant from what I recall when I got mine. Your registered on Topix?

If you want to PM it to me I'll have a go too.

RE: TopIX question - LaserTam - 25-06-2013 08:22pm

Yep I am registered. PM on the way. Thanks.

RE: TopIX question - scrannel - 25-06-2013 10:32pm

Judging from the "dealer experience" you UK dudes have shared with us, I'd say two possibilities: They gave you the wrong number OR, they took your money and are not going to give you a car.

RE: TopIX question - LaserTam - 26-06-2013 06:38pm

Thankfully scrannel I have two updates - firstly the VIN is now appearing on TopIX (thanks Kojak for trying), but more importantly the dealer called and car was rolled of the transporter today. So picking up on Friday Smile

RE: TopIX question - Kojak - 26-06-2013 06:57pm

(26-06-2013 06:38pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Thankfully scrannel I have two updates - firstly the VIN is now appearing on TopIX (thanks Kojak for trying), but more importantly the dealer called and car was rolled of the transporter today. So picking up on Friday Smile

Oh dear oh dear......who's in for some sleepless nights then?

LaughingWink

Congrats and Enjoy!

RE: TopIX question - LaserTam - 26-06-2013 07:18pm

I KNOW - two more of them. Cheers.

TopIX question - chapmac - 26-06-2013 09:03pm

Nearly there mate!

RE: TopIX question - Squidly73 - 26-06-2013 09:59pm

Topix website is not reliable , it don t work at each time at the beginning of registration, it can take 2 days

RE: TopIX question - Crimdog - 27-06-2013 10:10am

Good news, not long now!