Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TopIX question
LaserTam

TopIX question

Hi all. Expectant owner here.
Car should be delivered to the dealer later this week, with pick up Fri or Sat. Dealer has given me the VIN of the car, but when I have entered this into TopIX it says VIN not found.

Does anyone have any experience of how quickly their database is updated with VINs? I had assumed it would be 'searchable' as soon as it was in build, but not in this case (unless they have given me the wrong VIN)

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
25-06-2013 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

RE: TopIX question

(25-06-2013 06:27pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Hi all. Expectant owner here.
Car should be delivered to the dealer later this week, with pick up Fri or Sat. Dealer has given me the VIN of the car, but when I have entered this into TopIX it says VIN not found.

Does anyone have any experience of how quickly their database is updated with VINs? I had assumed it would be 'searchable' as soon as it was in build, but not in this case (unless they have given me the wrong VIN)

Should be pretty instant from what I recall when I got mine. Your registered on Topix?

If you want to PM it to me I'll have a go too.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
25-06-2013 06:48pm
LaserTam

Yep I am registered. PM on the way. Thanks.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
25-06-2013 08:22pm
scrannel

Judging from the "dealer experience" you UK dudes have shared with us, I'd say two possibilities: They gave you the wrong number OR, they took your money and are not going to give you a car.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
25-06-2013 10:32pm
LaserTam

Thankfully scrannel I have two updates - firstly the VIN is now appearing on TopIX (thanks Kojak for trying), but more importantly the dealer called and car was rolled of the transporter today. So picking up on Friday Smile

26-06-2013 06:38pm
Kojak

(26-06-2013 06:38pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Thankfully scrannel I have two updates - firstly the VIN is now appearing on TopIX (thanks Kojak for trying), but more importantly the dealer called and car was rolled of the transporter today. So picking up on Friday Smile

Oh dear oh dear......who's in for some sleepless nights then?

LaughingWink

Congrats and Enjoy!

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
26-06-2013 06:57pm
LaserTam

I KNOW - two more of them. Cheers.

26-06-2013 07:18pm
chapmac

TopIX question

Nearly there mate!

ED4 Pure Tech in Santorini Black with privacy glass, panoramic roof, front fogs and anthractite headlining. Added 19" Style 3 wheels and dynamic grille
26-06-2013 09:03pm
Squidly73

Topix website is not reliable , it don t work at each time at the beginning of registration, it can take 2 days

Evoque sd4 coupé dynamic auto. , black Sumatra, indus silver roof, coldmate pack,
panoramic cameras, black strata, ebony leather.
https://www.facebook.com/ForumPassionRangeRoverEvoque
26-06-2013 09:59pm
Crimdog

Good news, not long now!
27-06-2013 10:10am