babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New Evoque is in - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: New Evoque is in (/Thread-New-Evoque-is-in)

Pages: 1 2

New Evoque is in - WB - 25-01-2013 04:19pm

Went to check out the replacement Evoque today and it all looks good so far and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

All the options selected present and correct and dealer freebie deep pile carpet mats and boot mat in place - forgot to check for the full tank of fuel though!

Couple of very small pin heads in the paint on the bonnet but I think they can be dealt with by the detailer as I think they were proud rather than "holes".

The boot alignment seems to be quite good and the waist rails are nice and straight too.

Surprised to find the Style 4s shod with Goodyears which had unfortunately been coated in super shiny gloop! I might swap them for the set of Pirelli tyres I've got sitting in the garage - Any thoughts good or bad on the Goodyears?

I also noticed the rear camera came on very quickly - not sure if it will stay that way but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

My salesman who is one of the rare bread who really know the cars well pointed out that they'd updated the fixing points for the rear parcel shelf to be beefier.

New Evoque is in - EpicEvo - 25-01-2013 05:55pm

Goodyears have been good for me in the past. Great grip but don't last to long. Soft tyre... But might be my driving style Smile

RE: New Evoque is in - BFGEvoqueMan - 25-01-2013 06:04pm

(25-01-2013 04:19pm)WB Wrote:  Went to check out the replacement Evoque today and it all looks good so far and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

All the options selected present and correct and dealer freebie deep pile carpet mats and boot mat in place - forgot to check for the full tank of fuel though!

Couple of very small pin heads in the paint on the bonnet but I think they can be dealt with by the detailer as I think they were proud rather than "holes".

The boot alignment seems to be quite good and the waist rails are nice and straight too.

Surprised to find the Style 4s shod with Goodyears which had unfortunately been coated in super shiny gloop! I might swap them for the set of Pirelli tyres I've got sitting in the garage - Any thoughts good or bad on the Goodyears?

I also noticed the rear camera came on very quickly - not sure if it will stay that way but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

My salesman who is one of the rare bread who really know the cars well pointed out that they'd updated the fixing points for the rear parcel shelf to be beefier.

I too loathe the gloopy shiny stuff on tyres. The best solution to remove ( and ignore the H&S inmplications) is to dip a cloth in some petrol and wipe around the tyre. This will then remove the gloop. You might need to do this a couple of times depending on how much of the stuff they have put on. Tyre will then be as it left the factory. For totally matt shine the best product I have found (and it leaves no residue on the wheels when they get wet) is Lidl's own W5 product, but sadly only comes in now and again so worth stocking up!Very Happy

RE: New Evoque is in - Amadeus - 25-01-2013 06:38pm

Mine's coming in on Goodyear's as well. Dealer says they changed cause they were in short supply of the Pirelli's - makes sense with all the demand! GY supposed to be up there with the other big brands - at least Downunder! Glad to hear about the parcel shelf update too!

RE: New Evoque is in - WB - 25-01-2013 10:04pm

Thanks for the tips guys.

RE: New Evoque is in - XFullFatTim - 26-01-2013 11:53am

Wiping your tyres with petrol isn't a good idea as it will prematurely perish them. It won't take long for the rubber to go back to its natural matte finish at this time of the year

RE: New Evoque is in - J77 - 26-01-2013 12:41pm

A damp cloth should be enough to take the edge of the shine.

RE: New Evoque is in - WB - 27-01-2013 11:43pm

Thanks - I have some good APC which I think will take the worst off the tyres.

RE: New Evoque is in - scrannel - 31-01-2013 04:41pm

(26-01-2013 11:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Wiping your tyres with petrol isn't a good idea as it will prematurely perish them. It won't take long for the rubber to go back to its natural matte finish at this time of the year

+1. Petroleum products and rubber-stuff do not mix. (This includes not using Vaseline on o-rings). My car took seven days for the tire slime to vaporize. And yes, the Goodyears are good.

RE: New Evoque is in - WB - 31-01-2013 05:31pm

Well I can report it only took today's rain to wash off the gloppy stuff!! Before I'd even had a chance to remove it! No idea what they could be using that was SO shiny but came off so quickly!!