Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque is in
WB
WB

New Evoque is in

Went to check out the replacement Evoque today and it all looks good so far and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

All the options selected present and correct and dealer freebie deep pile carpet mats and boot mat in place - forgot to check for the full tank of fuel though!

Couple of very small pin heads in the paint on the bonnet but I think they can be dealt with by the detailer as I think they were proud rather than "holes".

The boot alignment seems to be quite good and the waist rails are nice and straight too.

Surprised to find the Style 4s shod with Goodyears which had unfortunately been coated in super shiny gloop! I might swap them for the set of Pirelli tyres I've got sitting in the garage - Any thoughts good or bad on the Goodyears?

I also noticed the rear camera came on very quickly - not sure if it will stay that way but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

My salesman who is one of the rare bread who really know the cars well pointed out that they'd updated the fixing points for the rear parcel shelf to be beefier.
25-01-2013 04:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

New Evoque is in

Goodyears have been good for me in the past. Great grip but don't last to long. Soft tyre... But might be my driving style Smile
25-01-2013 05:55pm
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: New Evoque is in

(25-01-2013 04:19pm)WB Wrote:  Went to check out the replacement Evoque today and it all looks good so far and will be picking it up on Tuesday.

All the options selected present and correct and dealer freebie deep pile carpet mats and boot mat in place - forgot to check for the full tank of fuel though!

Couple of very small pin heads in the paint on the bonnet but I think they can be dealt with by the detailer as I think they were proud rather than "holes".

The boot alignment seems to be quite good and the waist rails are nice and straight too.

Surprised to find the Style 4s shod with Goodyears which had unfortunately been coated in super shiny gloop! I might swap them for the set of Pirelli tyres I've got sitting in the garage - Any thoughts good or bad on the Goodyears?

I also noticed the rear camera came on very quickly - not sure if it will stay that way but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

My salesman who is one of the rare bread who really know the cars well pointed out that they'd updated the fixing points for the rear parcel shelf to be beefier.

I too loathe the gloopy shiny stuff on tyres. The best solution to remove ( and ignore the H&S inmplications) is to dip a cloth in some petrol and wipe around the tyre. This will then remove the gloop. You might need to do this a couple of times depending on how much of the stuff they have put on. Tyre will then be as it left the factory. For totally matt shine the best product I have found (and it leaves no residue on the wheels when they get wet) is Lidl's own W5 product, but sadly only comes in now and again so worth stocking up!Very Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
25-01-2013 06:04pm
Amadeus

Mine's coming in on Goodyear's as well. Dealer says they changed cause they were in short supply of the Pirelli's - makes sense with all the demand! GY supposed to be up there with the other big brands - at least Downunder! Glad to hear about the parcel shelf update too!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2013 07:03pm by Amadeus.)
25-01-2013 06:38pm
WB
WB

Thanks for the tips guys.
25-01-2013 10:04pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wiping your tyres with petrol isn't a good idea as it will prematurely perish them. It won't take long for the rubber to go back to its natural matte finish at this time of the year

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-01-2013 11:53am
J77

A damp cloth should be enough to take the edge of the shine.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
26-01-2013 12:41pm
WB
WB

Thanks - I have some good APC which I think will take the worst off the tyres.
27-01-2013 11:43pm
scrannel

(26-01-2013 11:53am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Wiping your tyres with petrol isn't a good idea as it will prematurely perish them. It won't take long for the rubber to go back to its natural matte finish at this time of the year

+1. Petroleum products and rubber-stuff do not mix. (This includes not using Vaseline on o-rings). My car took seven days for the tire slime to vaporize. And yes, the Goodyears are good.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
31-01-2013 04:41pm
WB
WB

Well I can report it only took today's rain to wash off the gloppy stuff!! Before I'd even had a chance to remove it! No idea what they could be using that was SO shiny but came off so quickly!!
31-01-2013 05:31pm