babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video ** - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video ** (/Thread-Evoque-Winter-videos-Updated-new-video)

Pages: 1 2

Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video ** - Jonathon555 - 15-01-2013 11:50pm

Updated final video

Just a compilation of Video & picture from my travels in the Evoque in the snow this winter added 21/01/2013

Decided tonight to try to get the Evoque up to the moor top car park The road conditions were worse than I expected, the road was basically packed ice & snow -4 deg C.

The incline brought the car to a halt with all 4 wheels spinning, but .....

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - jitenc - 16-01-2013 01:42am

Hi Jonathan ,
How about taking the Evoque on the Nurburgring.... Smile.

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - Jonathon555 - 16-01-2013 08:22am

(16-01-2013 01:42am)jitenc Wrote:  Hi Jonathan ,
How about taking the Evoque on the Nurburgring.... Smile.

It will be going for a lsp or two soon.

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - jdiamond - 16-01-2013 11:59pm

Pne thing the video proved to me is how valuable adaptive headlights are as it doesn't look like you have them. I am really impressed at the visibility you get with them. Glad I bought them

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - mark_n - 17-01-2013 12:34am

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, adaptive headlights are great.

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - XFullFatTim - 17-01-2013 05:00am

This is an interesting link because normally from where I am we cannot access Youtube, it is blocked......... but I managed to get some downloaded before I called it a day as we have only 33mb daily allowance each!
One point to remember - while 4WD is very useful in ice and snow, you still need to have at least one wheel with grip to keep moving, it there isn't grip
on any trye then no amount of clever electronics or sophisticated conventional 4WD system will keep you going. Add possibly a bit worn summer rubber with several 1000 miles on them then I wouldn't expect to keep drive. Once grip is gone for all the wheels you will get stuck!

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - THEMACS - 17-01-2013 11:34pm

(16-01-2013 11:59pm)jdiamond Wrote:  Pne thing the video proved to me is how valuable adaptive headlights are as it doesn't look like you have them. I am really impressed at the visibility you get with them. Glad I bought them

I think they are standard halogens and not Xenons,perhaps that's why they don't look as bright

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - rigs - 18-01-2013 02:00am

Interesting! Great music track too, what is that? I'm picking up my Evoque next week and am on the hunt for some appropriate 'pick up music'!

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres - Jonathon555 - 18-01-2013 08:55am

(18-01-2013 02:00am)rigs Wrote:  Interesting! Great music track too, what is that? I'm picking up my Evoque next week and am on the hunt for some appropriate 'pick up music'!

Reflekt - need to feel loved (vocal mix)

Theme tune from the film - its all gone pete tomg

RE: Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video ** - Jonathon555 - 21-01-2013 11:41pm

New Video added in post 1 at top , not sure how long it will be on youtube before the remove the music. Just a compilation of stuff from my winter travels in the Evoque