Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video **
Jonathon555

Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video **

Updated final video

Just a compilation of Video & picture from my travels in the Evoque in the snow this winter added 21/01/2013

Decided tonight to try to get the Evoque up to the moor top car park The road conditions were worse than I expected, the road was basically packed ice & snow -4 deg C.

The incline brought the car to a halt with all 4 wheels spinning, but .....

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
(This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 11:42pm by Jonathon555.)
15-01-2013 11:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

RE: Evoque attacking an incline in Snow on summer tyres

Hi Jonathan ,
How about taking the Evoque on the Nurburgring.... Smile.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
16-01-2013 01:42am
Jonathon555

(16-01-2013 01:42am)jitenc Wrote:  Hi Jonathan ,
How about taking the Evoque on the Nurburgring.... Smile.

It will be going for a lsp or two soon.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
16-01-2013 08:22am
jdiamond

Pne thing the video proved to me is how valuable adaptive headlights are as it doesn't look like you have them. I am really impressed at the visibility you get with them. Glad I bought them

Fuji White Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe Automatic, Black Interior, Panoramic Roof, Auto Dimming Mirrors, Adaptive Headlights, All Round Cameras, Meridian 825w Surround System and......spare wheel

Ordered: 25th November 2012
Delivered: 12th January 2013
16-01-2013 11:59pm
mark_n

Yes, I was thinking the same thing, adaptive headlights are great.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-01-2013 12:34am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

This is an interesting link because normally from where I am we cannot access Youtube, it is blocked......... but I managed to get some downloaded before I called it a day as we have only 33mb daily allowance each!
One point to remember - while 4WD is very useful in ice and snow, you still need to have at least one wheel with grip to keep moving, it there isn't grip
on any trye then no amount of clever electronics or sophisticated conventional 4WD system will keep you going. Add possibly a bit worn summer rubber with several 1000 miles on them then I wouldn't expect to keep drive. Once grip is gone for all the wheels you will get stuck!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2013 05:06am by XFullFatTim.)
17-01-2013 05:00am
THEMACS

(16-01-2013 11:59pm)jdiamond Wrote:  Pne thing the video proved to me is how valuable adaptive headlights are as it doesn't look like you have them. I am really impressed at the visibility you get with them. Glad I bought them

I think they are standard halogens and not Xenons,perhaps that's why they don't look as bright

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
17-01-2013 11:34pm
rigs

Interesting! Great music track too, what is that? I'm picking up my Evoque next week and am on the hunt for some appropriate 'pick up music'!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordered 21 Oct 2012: Delivered: Jan 2013 (next week hopefully) Dynamic 5DR Auto TD4: Reverse Camera: Front Sensors: Stowage Rails: 20' Shadow Chrome, Orkney Grey, Black Roof, Verve Interior
18-01-2013 02:00am
Jonathon555

(18-01-2013 02:00am)rigs Wrote:  Interesting! Great music track too, what is that? I'm picking up my Evoque next week and am on the hunt for some appropriate 'pick up music'!

Reflekt - need to feel loved (vocal mix)

Theme tune from the film - its all gone pete tomg

(This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 11:35pm by Jonathon555.)
18-01-2013 08:55am
Jonathon555

RE: Evoque Winter videos ** Updated new video **

New Video added in post 1 at top , not sure how long it will be on youtube before the remove the music. Just a compilation of stuff from my winter travels in the Evoque

21-01-2013 11:41pm