babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? (/Thread-How-to-avoid-accidental-opening-of-tailgate-when-enter-or-leaving-the-car)

Pages: 1 2

How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - hondafreak - 01-01-2013 10:38pm

It happened several times, that i or my wife hit the tailgate button with the knee.

On my previous car(honda accord tourer) there was a delay, so you have to press the button for at least a second before the tailgate opened.

Has anybody out there the same problem? Is there a solution to this other than to deactivate the button?

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - PhilSkill - 01-01-2013 11:15pm

I have indeed hit the button with my knee, usually entering, sometimes exiting, it is annoying but I like having a button so won't disable it.

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - goldenboi79 - 02-01-2013 05:23am

Use the easy exit feature to move the seat back prior to exiting. Should help knees clear the button.

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - XFullFatTim - 02-01-2013 11:45am

Get shorter legs.......................... I never have this problem at 5ft 7" tall!

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - xxxx5 - 02-01-2013 12:18pm

(02-01-2013 11:45am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Get shorter legs.......................... I never have this problem at 5ft 7" tall!

+1, also never had a problem! Laughing

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - Bowl - 02-01-2013 04:04pm

(02-01-2013 05:23am)goldenboi79 Wrote:  Use the easy exit feature to move the seat back prior to exiting. Should help knees clear the button.

I think this function only lowers the seat but not back.

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - Misfit - 02-01-2013 07:23pm

I often get the 'tailgate open' warning even if I've not been in the boot.....it didn't occur to me that I'd maybe knocked the button. I've not bothered to use it so far and had forgotten it was there!

How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - Kimv - 03-01-2013 08:48am

(02-01-2013 04:04pm)Bowl Wrote:  I think this function only lowers the seat but not back.

Mine also moves the seat back. I'm 6ft 2" and never accidentally opened the tailgate..

Re: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - goldenboi79 - 03-01-2013 06:18pm

Bowl, on my MY13 Prestige it definitely lowers and then moves the seat backwards.

RE: How to avoid accidental opening of tailgate when enter or leaving the car? - Bowl - 06-01-2013 05:44pm

Mine is an MY12 and it doesn't move backwards Sad