babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop (/Thread-My-Garage-is-starting-to-look-like-a-tire-shop)

My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop - same2you - 22-11-2012 09:54pm

I now have 8 tires (4 of them on rims) sitting in my garage in anticipation of my Evoque that is supposed to be built this week... I decided to use the 19" rims that will come with it as my winter rims, ordering in a set of Hakkapeliitta R SUV's to replace the stock tires... then I also came across a set of Style 7's with delivery KM's on them that I had shipped from the UK (those will be my summer wheels).

Combine that with the winter wheels for my current car that I am trying to avoid mounting, and the winter wheels for my wife's car that I am procrastinating on... and my single car garage is starting to look like a tire shop.

Laughing 16 tires in total... you just have to laugh at it Laughing

RE: My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop - XFullFatTim - 23-11-2012 12:26am

You are not trying hard enough - when I had the RRS's and the FFRR I ended up with:-
4 x 19" wheels with Snow and Ice tyres
5 Goodyear MTR's on 19" alloys
5 x 20" Stormer Style wheels fitted with ULP Pirelli road/summer tyres
5 x 16" MTR's on ZU light alloys for the Defender
5 x 16"ATR's on LR Freestyle alloys for the Defender
and for a while 5 x 16" Grizzly Claw Jungle Terrain tyres fitted to white modular steel wheels.
most of them were easily stored on my trailer but I still had 3 sets on the garage floor and not much room left for anything else.
When I changed to the Evoque I managed to sell most of the RRS and FFRR sets and now have 4 x 19" Ice and Snow on 19" alloys for the Evoque
5 x ATR's for the Defender and 2 x 20" Style 8 alloys with no tyres sat in the garage - the 5 x 16" MTRs on the ZU alloys are now fitted to the Defender and I sold the set that were on it!