Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop
same2you

My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop

I now have 8 tires (4 of them on rims) sitting in my garage in anticipation of my Evoque that is supposed to be built this week... I decided to use the 19" rims that will come with it as my winter rims, ordering in a set of Hakkapeliitta R SUV's to replace the stock tires... then I also came across a set of Style 7's with delivery KM's on them that I had shipped from the UK (those will be my summer wheels).

Combine that with the winter wheels for my current car that I am trying to avoid mounting, and the winter wheels for my wife's car that I am procrastinating on... and my single car garage is starting to look like a tire shop.

Laughing 16 tires in total... you just have to laugh at it Laughing
22-11-2012 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: My Garage is starting to look like a tire shop

You are not trying hard enough - when I had the RRS's and the FFRR I ended up with:-
4 x 19" wheels with Snow and Ice tyres
5 Goodyear MTR's on 19" alloys
5 x 20" Stormer Style wheels fitted with ULP Pirelli road/summer tyres
5 x 16" MTR's on ZU light alloys for the Defender
5 x 16"ATR's on LR Freestyle alloys for the Defender
and for a while 5 x 16" Grizzly Claw Jungle Terrain tyres fitted to white modular steel wheels.
most of them were easily stored on my trailer but I still had 3 sets on the garage floor and not much room left for anything else.
When I changed to the Evoque I managed to sell most of the RRS and FFRR sets and now have 4 x 19" Ice and Snow on 19" alloys for the Evoque
5 x ATR's for the Defender and 2 x 20" Style 8 alloys with no tyres sat in the garage - the 5 x 16" MTRs on the ZU alloys are now fitted to the Defender and I sold the set that were on it!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2012 12:27am by XFullFatTim.)
23-11-2012 12:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply