babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Maintenance (/Forum-Maintenance)
+--- Thread: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? (/Thread-So-where-do-I-take-my-Evoque-for-its-first-service)

Pages: 1 2 3

So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - mark_n - 07-11-2012 12:26am

Coming up to a year, so where do I take it?

Not especially keen to take it to the dealer I bought from, so wondering about Lookers Park Royal. Thoughts?

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - J77 - 07-11-2012 12:42am

Being a site sponser I would imagine they would be ok, haven't heard anything bad about them.

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - WB - 07-11-2012 08:59am

I have used Lookers Park Royal to do warranty work rather than my supplying dealer as their service department is not in a convenient lcoation. My experience of Lookers has been very positive with great attention to detail and attitude. They also have decent loan cars - Jag XFs and newish Freelander 2s.

That said my car is also nearing its first service and I asked Lookers to quote - they came in at £389. I'm going to push for more of a discount as I could buy all the service parts at discount anyway.

From a service perspective I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lookers - I just want to also pay the right price!

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - XFullFatTim - 07-11-2012 12:15pm

I can recommend LPR too. Contact the service reception there and ask if they have a discount for forum members if you make a booking. If you fancy a few days in Central Scotland I can also recommend my local dealership's service team - Morrisons Land Rover, Stirling.

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - Evo-king - 11-11-2012 04:27pm

Have you made the call yet Mark?

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - mark_n - 12-11-2012 12:42am

Had a quote of £340 from LR Staverton where I bought the car. Waiting for Phil to take his in somewhere else local who are rather less. TBH though, ease of getting there and back will be important too which is why Lookers is a good choice. Do LR dealers charge for a courtesy car?

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - PhilSkill - 12-11-2012 10:47am

Mines in Today... will keep you posted.
Courtesy car is a Discovery with 2500 miles for free... (well included in the price shall we say)

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - cutter7 - 12-11-2012 11:06am

(12-11-2012 12:42am)mark_n Wrote:  Had a quote of £340 from LR Staverton where I bought the car. Waiting for Phil to take his in somewhere else local who are rather less. TBH though, ease of getting there and back will be important too which is why Lookers is a good choice. Do LR dealers charge for a courtesy car?

If you are signed up to the LR Allegiance website then there is no charge for a courtesy car if not, then its £15..

This is what my dealership have told me..

https://www.landroverallegiance.co.uk/JlrPwp/Implementations/LandRover/SignIn.aspx?i=i48830049-B30C-45F8-8DAD-AEE9036C7A51

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - IKM - 12-11-2012 12:11pm

(12-11-2012 11:06am)cutter7 Wrote:  If you are signed up to the LR Allegiance website then there is no charge for a courtesy car if not, then its £15..

This is what my dealership have told me..

https://www.landroverallegiance.co.uk/JlrPwp/Implementations/LandRover/SignIn.aspx?i=i48830049-B30C-45F8-8DAD-AEE9036C7A51
Even before I joined Allegiance I've never been charged for a courtesy car. Having said that, joining is free, and there are many other benefits.

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service? - WB - 12-11-2012 01:48pm

(12-11-2012 12:11pm)IKM Wrote:  Even before I joined Allegiance I've never been charged for a courtesy car. Having said that, joining is free, and there are many other benefits.

I've not been charged for a courtesy car but then again the car has only been in for warranty work so I wouldn't have been happy to pay anyway!

How do you get a code to join Allegiance?