Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So where do I take my Evoque for its first service?
mark_n

So where do I take my Evoque for its first service?

Coming up to a year, so where do I take it?

Not especially keen to take it to the dealer I bought from, so wondering about Lookers Park Royal. Thoughts?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
07-11-2012 12:26am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: So where do I take my Evoque for its first service?

Being a site sponser I would imagine they would be ok, haven't heard anything bad about them.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
07-11-2012 12:42am
WB
WB

I have used Lookers Park Royal to do warranty work rather than my supplying dealer as their service department is not in a convenient lcoation. My experience of Lookers has been very positive with great attention to detail and attitude. They also have decent loan cars - Jag XFs and newish Freelander 2s.

That said my car is also nearing its first service and I asked Lookers to quote - they came in at £389. I'm going to push for more of a discount as I could buy all the service parts at discount anyway.

From a service perspective I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Lookers - I just want to also pay the right price!
07-11-2012 08:59am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I can recommend LPR too. Contact the service reception there and ask if they have a discount for forum members if you make a booking. If you fancy a few days in Central Scotland I can also recommend my local dealership's service team - Morrisons Land Rover, Stirling.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
07-11-2012 12:15pm
Evo-king

Have you made the call yet Mark?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-11-2012 04:27pm
mark_n

Had a quote of £340 from LR Staverton where I bought the car. Waiting for Phil to take his in somewhere else local who are rather less. TBH though, ease of getting there and back will be important too which is why Lookers is a good choice. Do LR dealers charge for a courtesy car?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-11-2012 12:42am
PhilSkill

Mines in Today... will keep you posted.
Courtesy car is a Discovery with 2500 miles for free... (well included in the price shall we say)

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 10:49am by PhilSkill.)
12-11-2012 10:47am
cutter7

(12-11-2012 12:42am)mark_n Wrote:  Had a quote of £340 from LR Staverton where I bought the car. Waiting for Phil to take his in somewhere else local who are rather less. TBH though, ease of getting there and back will be important too which is why Lookers is a good choice. Do LR dealers charge for a courtesy car?

If you are signed up to the LR Allegiance website then there is no charge for a courtesy car if not, then its £15..

This is what my dealership have told me..

https://www.landroverallegiance.co.uk/Jl...E9036C7A51

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2012 11:09am by cutter7.)
12-11-2012 11:06am
IKM

(12-11-2012 11:06am)cutter7 Wrote:  If you are signed up to the LR Allegiance website then there is no charge for a courtesy car if not, then its £15..

This is what my dealership have told me..

https://www.landroverallegiance.co.uk/Jl...E9036C7A51
Even before I joined Allegiance I've never been charged for a courtesy car. Having said that, joining is free, and there are many other benefits.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-11-2012 12:11pm
WB
WB

(12-11-2012 12:11pm)IKM Wrote:  Even before I joined Allegiance I've never been charged for a courtesy car. Having said that, joining is free, and there are many other benefits.

I've not been charged for a courtesy car but then again the car has only been in for warranty work so I wouldn't have been happy to pay anyway!

How do you get a code to join Allegiance?
12-11-2012 01:48pm