babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Passenger Memory Seats??? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Passenger Memory Seats??? (/Thread-Passenger-Memory-Seats)

Passenger Memory Seats??? - THEMACS - 17-03-2012 03:46pm

Hi All

Well we have just got back from an 1 and 3/4 hour handover, was excellent.

The car was in pride of place at the front when we pulled up and it took both our breathes away...AMAZING!!

I haven't driven it yet but will in a bit before putting up my thoughts.

It is an Amazing car inside and out, and my one dilemma over Ivory/Black headliner we chose the right option! The Ivory Goes beautifully with the Vibe!!

Anyway, one question is should the 5 door prestige, none Lux, have memory passenger seats, I thought it did dealer assures me they don't and the other two 5 door prestige they have, one demo and one showroom, don't either, but their 3 door Prestige demo does??

Can any other 5 door prestige owners concur that they don't have passenger memory seats??

Very Happy OwnersVery Happy

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - cjfp - 17-03-2012 03:58pm

There is this thread but didn't re-read it all so dont know if it contains the answer

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Pre-production-model-Memory-seats-question?highlight=Memory

Somewhere in my small brain is a thought that, as silly as it may seem, this is a 5 door / Coupe difference thing.

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - BaringTech - 17-03-2012 03:58pm

Congratulations on finally getting your hands on it!

I can confirm that our prestige doesn't have a memory seat on the passenger side, only the driver's.

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - CSJ - 17-03-2012 05:05pm

Coupe has memory seat 5 door does not unless you have a Dynamic with the optional "bucket" seats, I think

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - ChuckieB - 17-03-2012 05:45pm

Yep memory seats don't appear in the 5 door prestige, just the coupe i think. Got caught out myself on this!

Passenger Memory Seats??? - 3V0QU3 - 17-03-2012 05:57pm

I guess the coupe needs the memory feature to be able to move the seat forward to get in the back then return to the 'memory' position

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - THEMACS - 17-03-2012 07:05pm

Thanks chaps, I had a panic at the dealer!

Well I have been allowed a little drive and it does drive well, it's a lovely place to be, but man it seems a bit cramped when you close the pano roof even with the ivory headliner.

I think there a couple of trim bits that could be better quality, namely the crappy glove box and the electric seat movement buttons seem flimsy, but that's about it Very Happy

Mrs mac is in LoveVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

Mpg wise, considering it was running for 45 minutes whilst he went through the controls the trip A is saying 33mpg whic was for 40 miles mixed driving, Mrs Mac was doing 80+ on the motorway too. I assume trip A is cumulative average until you reset it?

It really is stunning, the so called chrome bits aren't chrome, they are brushed satin metal and look very very good. And as for colour, OG is absolutely STUNNING, second to none!

I will try and get some pics when the weather is better.

Good luck to all those waiting, it really is worth it!

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - XFullFatTim - 17-03-2012 09:59pm

Like a little boy on Christmas morning! LaughingLaughing
I take it that is was well worth the long wait then?

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - Asty - 17-03-2012 10:16pm

He'll be back moaning about something in a few days Smile

But seriously, congrats on the new car and I hope it proves both enjoyable and trouble free. When me n the wife buy cars they have to have the wow factor and the Evoque certainly does. We were originally looking for a second car utility wagon like a Skoda Yeti but one sit in the Evoque and we've found a better utility wagon Smile

I can also confirm about the missing memory seats. We noticed this in the dealers.

RE: Passenger Memory Seats??? - THEMACS - 17-03-2012 11:40pm

Very much worth the waitVery Happy

I have just climbed into bed with the owners manual, we both had a quick half hour in the car before trying to sort the seating positions etc. just going to have a read up about the trip computers etc!

I had a very good look around it before we drove off and there wasn't a mark on it. So far no squeaks or rattles although it's only done 52 miles!!

Still keep thinking about when we pulled up at the dealers and saw it waiting for us, we were Gobsmacked at how bloody good it looked, amazingVery Happy