babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Our special Pure order is no more. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Our special Pure order is no more. (/Thread-Our-special-Pure-order-is-no-more)

Pages: 1 2

Our special Pure order is no more. - Evo-king - 07-03-2012 09:55pm

Over the weeks and months waiting for our car to be moved out of the holding pool, we have regularly reconsidered our choice of specification.

There is something to be said about getting to the point in the ordering process where you can no longer change your mind.

Anyhow, when the contrast roof became an option on the Pure, we immediately went for it with an Indus Silver body colour, as we are also ordering a Coupe the pan roof had to be included.

So when you spec this, you pay for the basic metallic paint option, then you remove over 80% of the roof by adding the glass panel, then pay a further £500 for the little bit of paint which surrounds the pan roof.

So thinking about this I contacted JLR with a paint option for the Pure, I called it the Pure Contrast option, which in essence meant, also painting black (in the case of our colour choice), the Range Rover Lettering, door handles, front grille, vent/louvres and rear door finisher. The same could be done with Silver or White contrast no doubt.

My logic being this car has extra special emphasis on it's colours and schemes and this was one more for consideration, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but many would like it.

JLR took this on board and I asked if mine could be done like this, pointing that many Pure owners were going down a similar route themselves, and that this was an opportunity for JLR to do this at build stage and that they would gain from this.

Anyhow, I've got my reply, which in short was a thank you but, unfortunately it's not possible to provide you with feedback at this time, however please rest assured that your comments have been taken on board

Fine, contrast roof removed from our order, £500 in my back pocket, along with lots of other owners already doing or contemplating their own paint modifications.

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - lngrn36 - 08-03-2012 01:24am

No worries, just more fun for you when it gets here!

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - WorldTraveler - 08-03-2012 09:40am

(07-03-2012 09:55pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Over the weeks and months waiting for our car to be moved out of the holding pool, we have regularly reconsidered our choice of specification.

There is something to be said about getting to the point in the ordering process where you can no longer change your mind.

Anyhow, when the contrast roof became an option on the Pure, we immediately went for it with an Indus Silver body colour, as we are also ordering a Coupe the pan roof had to be included.

So when you spec this, you pay for the basic metallic paint option, then you remove over 80% of the roof by adding the glass panel, then pay a further £500 for the little bit of paint which surrounds the pan roof.

So thinking about this I contacted JLR with a paint option for the Pure, I called it the Pure Contrast option, which in essence meant, also painting black (in the case of our colour choice), the Range Rover Lettering, door handles, front grille, vent/louvres and rear door finisher. The same could be done with Silver or White contrast no doubt.

My logic being this car has extra special emphasis on it's colours and schemes and this was one more for consideration, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but many would like it.

JLR took this on board and I asked if mine could be done like this, pointing that many Pure owners were going down a similar route themselves, and that this was an opportunity for JLR to do this at build stage and that they would gain from this.

Anyhow, I've got my reply, which in short was a thank you but, unfortunately it's not possible to provide you with feedback at this time, however please rest assured that your comments have been taken on board

Fine, contrast roof removed from our order, £500 in my back pocket, along with lots of other owners already doing or contemplating their own paint modifications.

Hmmm ... wonder how much it would cost to "Wrap" the roof in a contrast color of YOUR choice, saw a nice carbon fibre wraped roof on an Audi TT last week, looed pretty good L Smile

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - jos - 08-03-2012 09:52am

i drive the 2wd eD4 pure coupe white (standard with techpack + pano)
just wrapped the roof in brushed stainless steel
and put on black rims
lowered the car 3 cm and 2x2 widening spacers from H&R

super !

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - broady43 - 08-03-2012 10:17am

(08-03-2012 09:52am)jos Wrote:  i drive the 2wd eD4 pure coupe white (standard with techpack + pano)
and put on black rims

super !

Hi jos, some pics would be great!

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - EVO PUNDITT - 08-03-2012 10:21am

(08-03-2012 09:40am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Hmmm ... wonder how much it would cost to "Wrap" the roof in a contrast color of YOUR choice, saw a nice carbon fibre wraped roof on an Audi TT last week, looed pretty good L Smile

You will be looking at something near the £300 or slightly less and you have the option to get it any colour you want. Matt finish looks nice Wink

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - XFullFatTim - 08-03-2012 10:32am

If you have the Panoramic roof it costs the same as no pano roof - it was explained to me the other week that the idea is that the installer uses one roof size sheet and then cuts out the shape of the pano roof when the material has been put on the entire roof. This is so there are as few joins in the wrap as possible thus reducing the number of places where corners may get lifted by airflow or pressure washing. I was quoted £240 for an Evoque roof wrap back in October

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - caroline11000 - 08-03-2012 10:43am

(08-03-2012 09:52am)jos Wrote:  i drive the 2wd eD4 pure coupe white (standard with techpack + pano)
and put on black rims

super !

Would love to see some pics Jos

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - WB - 08-03-2012 10:45am

Contrast roof pricing makes no sense and if you go back to the factory photos that have been posted you'll see that it's painted on by a guy after the car has been painted in body colour. Personally I think wrapping is a far better option - cheaper - more colour options and reversable.

LR are making a killing on selling grills, trim etc and ultimately they want to use those trim colours to distinguish models (who knows why!?) so they're not likely to make them factory options...

RE: Our special Pure order is no more. - Martin - 08-03-2012 10:48am

These sorts of modifications aren't going to happen at factory level (even Mini don't do such fine configuration) - but a good dealer should help you customise a vehicle after it arrives with them.