babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Washing your Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Detailing & Car Care (/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care)
+--- Thread: Washing your Evoque (/Thread-Washing-your-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Washing your Evoque - Claud - 21-04-2012 07:23am

I tried using a pump to pump out a water but with a single filter on my pressure washer. It clogged up in seconds with leaf crap. Are there any large quality in line filters that can deal with this issue?

RE: Washing your Evoque - Graham - 21-04-2012 07:40am

Simple - buy a white car that doesnt show scratches anyway, give it a good protecting wax polish, and put it through the local carwash. Think of all the time and water you save (those machines recycle their water) all for 8 - 10 Euros !

RE: Washing your Evoque - doug - 21-04-2012 08:56am

(21-04-2012 07:23am)Claud Wrote:  I tried using a pump to pump out a water but with a single filter on my pressure washer. It clogged up in seconds with leaf crap. Are there any large quality in line filters that can deal with this issue?

You need to stop dirt from entering the butt. The best way is to use lady's tights, over the end of the pipe on the down pipe diverter. This will keep the stored water clean.
So that I have no fine grit left on my vehicles when drying, I have all so installed a in line filter before a old shower pump. This way a pressure washer will work as normal, without the pump I found the pressure/flow rate very low. Do low to work a snow gun.

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=86

http://www.vyair.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=100

RE: Washing your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2012 09:25am

The other place to put a coarser filter would be at the top of the down pipe at the gutter - that would stop most leaves getting into the down pipe in the first place - some net curtain material would do the job.

RE: Washing your Evoque - doug - 21-04-2012 09:31am

(21-04-2012 09:25am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The other place to put a coarser filter would be at the top of the down pipe at the gutter - that would stop most leaves getting into the down pipe in the first place - some net curtain material would do the job.

The draw back on that, is having to get up a ladder to clean it out

RE: Washing your Evoque - cjfp - 21-04-2012 09:41am

Nothing worse than dirt in the butt. Laughing

RE: Washing your Evoque - Claud - 21-04-2012 09:43am

All great ideas, thanks, I will incorporate them and drain the buts out! Thanks

RE: Washing your Evoque - XFullFatTim - 21-04-2012 10:00am

The other way to do it is to have several waterbutts in series so that all the crud settles out into the first one over a few days before you release the water into the 2nd one or it overflows from the first to the second. My local garden centre sells kits for joining up waterbutts so you can have several filling from one down pipe like this. You use the first one after the down pipe only for garden watering with the tap at the bottom drawing off the grit into a watering can

RE: Washing your Evoque - broady43 - 21-04-2012 11:05am

Rolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with LaughterRolling with Laughter
(21-04-2012 09:41am)cjfp Wrote:  Nothing worse than dirt in the butt. Laughing