babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
[VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do (/Thread-VIDEO-The-only-thing-that-your-Evoque-cannot-do)

[VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Ezandania - 29-01-2012 05:55pm

The missing button on the Terrain Response - ROCK CRAWL.
The angles they drive in this video is just craaaazzzzyyyy!

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Graham - 29-01-2012 10:34pm

That shouldn't need rock crawl, my guess is that an Evoque has a lower centre of gravity than a Disco 3/4 and ought to be able to get up as long as it's an automatic (the lack of low box would be a problem with a manual), down just needs HDC, oh and plastic pants for the passengers!

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Dave_T - 29-01-2012 10:39pm

But it most definitely would require a low range box, and the Evoque definitely hasn't got one of those Laughing

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - leveller - 31-01-2012 08:36am

omg ...

Even though they did it, it still looks impossible.

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Graham - 31-01-2012 06:21pm

Yeah,
But Land Rovers do impossible things - even without a low box (as long as it's automatic)

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - Evo-king - 31-01-2012 09:41pm

Wow, I thought Eastnor Castle was good, that's amazing.

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - punky - 04-02-2012 10:26pm

Code:
[quote='Graham' pid='37321' dateline='1328030485']
Yeah,
But Land Rovers do impossible things - even without a low box (as long as it's automatic)
[/quote]

Your Rite ;) I've been up slopes just as steep as that at the LR experience centre in my old auto Freelander AND it wasnt rock it was a wet muddy cliff face !!! EASY ;)

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - XFullFatTim - 04-02-2012 10:41pm

I bet the driver's heart missed the odd beat when the wheels locked up occasionally on the way back down............. the low box was useful but the HDC was also very handy to have for the descent I would think as the driver would not have needed to put his foot on the brake pedal the whole way down.

RE: [VIDEO] The only thing that your Evoque cannot do - BMG - 04-02-2012 10:58pm

Question:

Would this be the result if a BMW X5 had tried to do it?

[Image: bmw-x5m-1.jpg]