babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) (/Thread-Thinking-of-getting-my-car-Wapping-matt-black-with-white-roof)

Pages: 1 2 3

Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - fam1x - 23-01-2012 11:27am

I know it’s not everyone cup of tea, I'm thinking of getting my car wrapped as a protective measure to stop stone chipping etc, also like the idea of it in matt black with a contrasting roof. Just wondered what you guys think?
When I ordered didn’t go for a contrasting roof and now having seen a couple on the road I like it black with white roof 
My Car is black with silver roof rails, has privacy glass and panoramic roof to.

Dilamma
Option 1 is matt black with matt white roof, silver roof rails on top
Option 2 is matt black with white roof, silver roof rails and get the front and side grills painted in silver to Smile
Option 3 is matt black with a carbon fibre roof and silver roof rails.
Option 4 keep the car has is and tackle any stone chips and scratches as they happen

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - j7david - 23-01-2012 11:31am

Have you seen a matt black car in the flesh? I saw an A3 the other day and IMHO it looked awful (the matt colour, not the car in itself).

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - fam1x - 23-01-2012 11:33am

Have seen other cars in matt black looks good just not seen an Evoque

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - alibeau - 23-01-2012 11:49am

(23-01-2012 11:33am)fam1x Wrote:  Have seen other cars in matt black looks good just not seen an Evoque

Hmmm, I have pics of a matt black Evoque, I will try and post link in a mo... I am sorry but imho it looked awful...

I too have been considering wrapping but I fancied a shade of metallic blue. Hubby is not convinced and also worried about what type of job will be done. If we could find someone locally that came recommended I may think about it again....

I'll try and find those pics now....

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/alibeau1/Matt%20black%20evoque/?action=view¤t=mattblack2.jpg

Found them, to be honest it looks better than I remembered but in the flesh it wasn't good and just looked like it needed a good wash and/or a respray!!! Each to their own though!

Ali.

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - caroline11000 - 23-01-2012 11:57am

Don't like matt black at all........... think it will totally spoil the car!

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - XFullFatTim - 23-01-2012 12:00pm

I've also heard that it can be very difficult to keep clean, the matt surface that is rather than the colour. Maybe a Chrome wrap might be fitting for such an eyecathing car........

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - WB - 23-01-2012 12:11pm

I'd vote for matt black all round - really not sure about the white roof - I think it would look a bit too much like a mini.

Of the matt wraps I've seen my favourite is the Bentley grey with black trim...

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - Sarcastrix - 23-01-2012 01:10pm

Do it! Thumbs Up

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - Firenze - 23-01-2012 02:08pm

(23-01-2012 12:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Maybe a Chrome wrap might be fitting for such an eyecathing car........

+1 that would look well cool

Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :) - DDX - 23-01-2012 02:15pm

If you go for Matt black and matt white roof I would have the roof rails in either Matt black or Matt white. J think the silver will be a bit fussy. Just my opinion of course.