Poll: Car Wrapped options
This poll is closed.
Matt black with matt white roof, silver roof rails on top 12.90% 4 12.90%
Matt black with white roof, silver roof rails and get the front and side grills painted in silver to Smile 12.90% 4 12.90%
Matt black with a carbon fibre roof, silver roof rails. 16.13% 5 16.13%
keep the car has is and tackle any stone chips and scratches as they happen 58.06% 18 58.06%
Total 31 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :)
fam1x

I know it’s not everyone cup of tea, I'm thinking of getting my car wrapped as a protective measure to stop stone chipping etc, also like the idea of it in matt black with a contrasting roof. Just wondered what you guys think?
When I ordered didn’t go for a contrasting roof and now having seen a couple on the road I like it black with white roof 
My Car is black with silver roof rails, has privacy glass and panoramic roof to.

Dilamma
Option 1 is matt black with matt white roof, silver roof rails on top
Option 2 is matt black with white roof, silver roof rails and get the front and side grills painted in silver to Smile
Option 3 is matt black with a carbon fibre roof and silver roof rails.
Option 4 keep the car has is and tackle any stone chips and scratches as they happen

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 11:31am by fam1x.)
23-01-2012 11:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
j7david

RE: Thinking of getting my car Wapping matt black with white roof :)

Have you seen a matt black car in the flesh? I saw an A3 the other day and IMHO it looked awful (the matt colour, not the car in itself).
23-01-2012 11:31am
fam1x

Have seen other cars in matt black looks good just not seen an Evoque

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
23-01-2012 11:33am
alibeau

(23-01-2012 11:33am)fam1x Wrote:  Have seen other cars in matt black looks good just not seen an Evoque

Hmmm, I have pics of a matt black Evoque, I will try and post link in a mo... I am sorry but imho it looked awful...

I too have been considering wrapping but I fancied a shade of metallic blue. Hubby is not convinced and also worried about what type of job will be done. If we could find someone locally that came recommended I may think about it again....

I'll try and find those pics now....

http://s1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520...black2.jpg

Found them, to be honest it looks better than I remembered but in the flesh it wasn't good and just looked like it needed a good wash and/or a respray!!! Each to their own though!

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 11:55am by alibeau.)
23-01-2012 11:49am
caroline11000

Don't like matt black at all........... think it will totally spoil the car!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
23-01-2012 11:57am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've also heard that it can be very difficult to keep clean, the matt surface that is rather than the colour. Maybe a Chrome wrap might be fitting for such an eyecathing car........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-01-2012 12:00pm
WB
WB

I'd vote for matt black all round - really not sure about the white roof - I think it would look a bit too much like a mini.

Of the matt wraps I've seen my favourite is the Bentley grey with black trim...

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 23-01-2012 12:12pm by WB.)
23-01-2012 12:11pm
Sarcastrix

Do it! Thumbs Up

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
23-01-2012 01:10pm
Firenze

(23-01-2012 12:00pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Maybe a Chrome wrap might be fitting for such an eyecathing car........

+1 that would look well cool

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
23-01-2012 02:08pm
DDX

If you go for Matt black and matt white roof I would have the roof rails in either Matt black or Matt white. J think the silver will be a bit fussy. Just my opinion of course.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
23-01-2012 02:15pm