babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Steam coming from grille - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Steam coming from grille (/Thread-Steam-coming-from-grille)

Pages: 1 2

Steam coming from grille - dandavis1 - 15-01-2012 01:47pm

Just driven about 20mins and as I parked noticed steam coming from the grill (right hand side when looking at the front of the car).

Is that normal in colder weather or is that a fault?!

RE: Steam coming from grille - ED209 - 15-01-2012 02:14pm

Radiator/coolant cap on properly?

RE: Steam coming from grille - pureevoque - 15-01-2012 02:15pm

you seem to have the most unreliable evoque out of everyone dandavis

RE: Steam coming from grille - Claud - 15-01-2012 04:59pm

Not normal, get it checked out by dealer. Seems fundamental to me, unless you had just waded through a ford or similar, but I guess not...

RE: Steam coming from grille - slee18 - 15-01-2012 07:06pm

It all makes sense now! Your heater core is bad that's why your not getting heat either inside the cabin. Heater core resides on the passenger side of a vehicle! I'm guess the rightside is the passenger side

Hope that helps

RE: Steam coming from grille - griff - 15-01-2012 07:10pm

(15-01-2012 07:06pm)slee18 Wrote:  It all makes sense now! Your heater core is bad that's why your not getting heat either inside the cabin. Heater core resides on the passenger side of a vehicle! I'm guess the rightside is the passenger side

Hope that helps
Good idea seems entirely plausible.
But of course in the UK the passenger side is on the left.

RE: Steam coming from grille - PhilSkill - 15-01-2012 07:26pm

Yep, sounds like a problem with your heater matrix from your other thread or possibly pipes to/from, this would most likely be linked to the steam too, get it back to the dealer. Drove mine today in -1degC and heater warmed up cabin within a few minutes without large amounts of fan blasting either.

RE: Steam coming from grille - lngrn36 - 15-01-2012 08:17pm

Yes, get it checked out. I have read an article that all the piping that's needs to be routed is done in very short work. The piping of course is different for the opposing side driver. It would not take a lot for one of these to be unseated somewhere in the engines compartment. Don't take a chance ruining a motor!

RE: Steam coming from grille - XFullFatTim - 15-01-2012 08:24pm

it could also be the diesel powered engine heater if yours is an SD4, it's part of the emissions system to aid fast warm up on cold days and cuts in when the outside temperature is lower than 5c - the "steam" may be the exhaust from the fuel burner

RE: Steam coming from grille - Claud - 15-01-2012 09:11pm

(15-01-2012 08:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  it could also be the diesel powered engine heater if yours is an SD4, it's part of the emissions system to aid fast warm up on cold days and cuts in when the outside temperature is lower than 5c - the "steam" may be the exhaust from the fuel burner
Tim are you sure we have FBH on Evoque? I thought they were only fitted to specified export countries associated with the timed heater option (ie as we had on our FFRRs) I have not seen the exhaust on cold mornings, nor have I heard one running.....: