babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Problem: Boot button not functioning - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Problem: Boot button not functioning (/Thread-Problem-Boot-button-not-functioning)

Pages: 1 2

Problem: Boot button not functioning - rgjdn - 18-10-2011 09:43pm

i have come across a problem this morning with my 5-door evoque. the button on the boot seems to have stopped functioning. the door will not shut when it is pushed. in fact, nothing happens. any suggestions as to how i may remedy this problem myself before i make the trek out to the dealer??

thanks guys

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - doug - 18-10-2011 09:56pm

Can you drive it to the nearest sea port. Post your Evoque back to Liverpool, some one at Halewood will have a look over it for youTongue Out

Or

If yours is the electric power tailgate, check the sensor for any dirt which would stop the tailgate from fully shutting .

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - XFullFatTim - 18-10-2011 10:02pm

Also check the rear parcel shelf is seated properly, there is a row of wedges along the lower edge of the rear screen and when I overloaded my boot on the maiden voyage and it wouldn't close it turned out that there is something that senses when the shelf is seated properly on the wedges and allows the tailgate to close fully otherwise it raises again. Even if you manually try to close it, it will not shut

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - rgjdn - 18-10-2011 10:33pm

(18-10-2011 10:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also check the rear parcel shelf is seated properly, there is a row of wedges along the lower edge of the rear screen and when I overloaded my boot on the maiden voyage and it wouldn't close it turned out that there is something that senses when the shelf is seated properly on the wedges and allows the tailgate to close fully otherwise it raises again. Even if you manually try to close it, it will not shut

Thank you for the responses guys. However, the problem isn't that the boot is shutting then reopening as if something is blocking it, nothing at all is happening. I suspect a malfunction with the electronic button.

Another question. Are the high beams on this car automatic? I have come across two different times when i looked down at my dash only to find that the high beams had been activated. It seems as if the car automatically turns them on in very low light situations. is this the case?

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - cutter7 - 18-10-2011 10:43pm

(18-10-2011 10:33pm)rgjdn Wrote:  
(18-10-2011 10:02pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also check the rear parcel shelf is seated properly, there is a row of wedges along the lower edge of the rear screen and when I overloaded my boot on the maiden voyage and it wouldn't close it turned out that there is something that senses when the shelf is seated properly on the wedges and allows the tailgate to close fully otherwise it raises again. Even if you manually try to close it, it will not shut

Thank you for the responses guys. However, the problem isn't that the boot is shutting then reopening as if something is blocking it, nothing at all is happening. I suspect a malfunction with the electronic button.

Another question. Are the high beams on this car automatic? I have come across two different times when i looked down at my dash only to find that the high beams had been activated. It seems as if the car automatically turns them on in very low light situations. is this the case?

I would check the fuse first before anything else..

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - Tekno - 18-10-2011 11:32pm

I find the best thing to do when a brand new car develops a fault is to post the issue on a forum so a bunch or random people can blindly suggest things rather than taking it back to the dealers.

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - Spiderman - 18-10-2011 11:49pm

Ah ha Tekno....but it might have been a simple problem to fix, one that a fellow member had previously experienced but had never blogged on or his nearest Dealer may be miles away....or like on Top Gear he may have a body in the boot to dispose of or worse still he may have been to the fishmongers today and can't now get his smelly kippers out of his new cars boot!!!

On a serious note, please call your Dealers Service Dept in the 1st instance and if required take your new car to a LR Dealer, as Tekno wryly advises, to have them rectify this fault for you as thats what your warranty is for!

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - PhilSkill - 18-10-2011 11:51pm

(18-10-2011 11:32pm)Tekno Wrote:  I find the best thing to do when a brand new car develops a fault is to post the issue on a forum so a bunch or random people can blindly suggest things rather than taking it back to the dealers.

Harsh Tekno! Harsh, you dont always want to head straight back to the dealers only to find its user error... that the lucky few here have found out already! but yes dismantling your brand new evoque on a forum say so is probably not the way to go... yet!

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - Acwats - 19-10-2011 06:30am

(18-10-2011 11:32pm)Tekno Wrote:  I find the best thing to do when a brand new car develops a fault is to post the issue on a forum so a bunch or random people can blindly suggest things rather than taking it back to the dealers.

Reminds me of a recent post I read
Author sounds familiar?

RE: Problem: Boot button not functioning - Token - 19-10-2011 10:37am

Quality