babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
dynamic plus seats again... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: dynamic plus seats again... (/Thread-dynamic-plus-seats-again)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - bell-auto-services - 17-10-2011 08:04am

Its a very hard choise because from what i know most dealers when trading back in a car dont really value the extras that we got when it was new Sad

Pete

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - Alex - 17-10-2011 09:00am

I went for the plus not only for the additional comfort but also for the overall interior leather upgrade than what comes as standard with Dynamic. The other deciding factor was I did not like the fake leather dash that comes with the Dynamic, however Plus obviously upgrades this to the same standards (oxford soft leather) as the Prestige.

I agree it is costly, but if the Dynamic didn't come with perforated seats and a fake leather dash I probably would have not bothered with the upgrade.

If there was a better selection of colours other than just black or red, including maybe other interior trims or personalisation then I would definately say it's value for money, but none the less I still have gone for the upgrade.

I still have reservations based on a comment Tim mentioned in another thread saying there was 4" less leg room in the back with the Plus seats. I still will have to pop down to my dealers to compare the Plus and non Plus to put my mind at rest.

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - XFullFatTim - 17-10-2011 10:04am

Not my comment Alex, I think it was CFJP.
Last week I had a 6ft2" tall rear seat passenger - even with my Plus style front seat right back at the end of the runner there was plenty of leg room according to the passenger - but it certainly didn't look like it! The Plus seat back is thicker for some reason but not 4" thicker.

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - cjfp - 17-10-2011 10:13am

Nope, not my comments on 4" !

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - Alex - 17-10-2011 10:21am

Looks I may have been worrying about nothing then!! Rolling Eyes

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - evoqueboy - 17-10-2011 11:17am

The plus seats are very comfortable and they look great. I was wondering whether I had made the right choice at first and 100% believe that I have. All of my passengers have seemed to like them! The plus seats are also heated as there was a bit of a debate about whether they were or not!

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - Alex - 17-10-2011 01:13pm

How is the heating distributed on the seat?

In my current car it's just a single hot spot towards the rear end of the seat area (not sure on the technical name of this area but the place where your arse/buttocks sits!).

However with the Plus seats is the heat evenly distributed across the whole seated area, including back?

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - XFullFatTim - 17-10-2011 01:39pm

The back isn't heated which was a disappointment to me. The swab seems to be heated from the area you describe! 3 heat settings too.

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - Spiderman - 17-10-2011 01:55pm

I have both seat and back 3 stage heating in my standard Dynamics front seats, this was one of the 1st things my wife & I checked before driving away from the Dealership. I can't believe you don't get this as standard with the £3k upgrade seating!

RE: dynamic plus seats again... - Blackseries - 17-10-2011 02:03pm

(17-10-2011 09:00am)Alex Wrote:  I still have reservations based on a comment mentioned in another thread saying there was 4" less leg room in the back with the Plus seats.

That was my quote.
If you look at WhatCar? Magazine they did 2 comparisons RRE vs SUV's & RRE vs Coupes. Each with its own interior measurements. The Dynamic Plus seats appear to offer 4" less rear legroom compared to the Std Prestige seat.