Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
dynamic plus seats again...
n4x1989

Sorry everyone, if this question has been asked several times, but I've been looking through the board and the web quite some time and haven't got a proper answer..

How is the seating comfort of the dynamic plus seats (bucket like) compared to the prestige or the standard dynamic seats?
Do I have take a lot of loss in comfort if I order them?

The problem is I neither like the soft touch material on the dashboard nor do I like the exterior design of the prestige model.
The only way out seem to be the Dyn. plus package.

Would be nice to hear your opinion especially if you tried the dyn. plus seats.
Thanks in advance!Very Happy

Max
16-10-2011 06:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

RE: dynamic plus seats again...

(16-10-2011 06:27pm)n4x1989 Wrote:  Sorry everyone, if this question has been asked several times, but I've been looking through the board and the web quite some time and haven't got a proper answer..

How is the seating comfort of the dynamic plus seats (bucket like) compared to the prestige or the standard dynamic seats?

The problem is I neither like the soft touch material on the dashboard nor do I like the exterior design of the prestige model.

Max

I've sat in both & not noticed any difference & IMO £3000 is a waste of money for that pack. I like my accessories & options but wouln't bother with the plus pack.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
16-10-2011 08:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gomark

I have sat in both too and too me the plus seats were really comfortable. If £700 extra, would have taken them. £3k, I'll buy a cushion...

16-10-2011 08:34pm
DynamicRRV

(16-10-2011 08:26pm)The Valeter Wrote:  
(16-10-2011 06:27pm)n4x1989 Wrote:  Sorry everyone, if this question has been asked several times, but I've been looking through the board and the web quite some time and haven't got a proper answer..

Max

I've sat in both & not noticed any difference & IMO £3000 is a waste of money for that pack. I like my accessories & options but wouln't bother with the plus pack.

+1....but I think the Plus seats are a lot more uncomfortable.
16-10-2011 08:44pm
n4x1989

Thanks for answers, guys!

Really helps to make a decision. I got one more question: Do you feel like the shoulder pads in the seats are too tight & narrow (which is also very important to me in terms of comfort)?

Unfortunately our dealers in the area don't have dyn. plus evoque in their showroom, so I can't judge for myself Sad

Thanks a lot!
16-10-2011 08:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have a Coupe Plus Lux and the seats are probably the most comfortable LR seats I have had. No the shoulder wings don't feel narrow and actually the seats do not feel a) anywhere near as hard as other Recaro seats I have sat in which were like sitting on planks they were so hard and b) LR must have accepted that in general the population is expanding in waist size as the slide bolsters on the seat swab do not rub on your legs/ thighs like they often do in most narrow "sports" style seats. The adjustable lumber support is excellent too. Under leg support is very good and the seat swab is about 3-4cms longer than in my last FFRR which makes them great seats for long distance drives as well as when you want to drive twisty roads at speed. I doubt they are worth so much but I'm very pleased with them

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 08:59pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-10-2011 08:56pm
n4x1989

Quote:I have a Coupe Plus Lux and the seats are probably the most comfortable LR seats I have had. No the shoulder wings don't feel narrow and actually the seats do not feel a) anywhere near as hard as other Recaro seats I have sat in which were like sitting on planks they were so hard and b) LR must have accepted that in general the population is expanding in waist size as the slide bolsters on the seat swab do not rub on your legs/ thighs like they often do in most narrow "sports" style seats. The adjustable lumber support is excellent too. Under leg support is very good and the seat swab is about 3-4cms longer than in my last FFRR which makes them great seats for long distance drives as well as when you want to drive twisty roads at speed. I doubt they are worth so much but I'm very pleased with them

That's what I wanted to hear Very Happy thanks!
16-10-2011 09:07pm
The Valeter

(16-10-2011 08:56pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I have a Coupe Plus Lux and the seats are probably the most comfortable LR seats I have had. No the shoulder wings don't feel narrow and actually the seats do not feel a) anywhere near as hard as other Recaro seats I have sat in which were like sitting on planks they were so hard and b) LR must have accepted that in general the population is expanding in waist size as the slide bolsters on the seat swab do not rub on your legs/ thighs like they often do in most narrow "sports" style seats. The adjustable lumber support is excellent too. Under leg support is very good and the seat swab is about 3-4cms longer than in my last FFRR which makes them great seats for long distance drives as well as when you want to drive twisty roads at speed. I doubt they are worth so much but I'm very pleased with them

This sounds a very fair assessment!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

16-10-2011 09:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Hi

Ive ordered the seats on my Coupe order as i feel they are a nice comfortable seat that looks good though expencive.
On the 5 door ive ordered ive not gone for the plus seat though ive still gone for the black and red Dynamic seats and added RSE instead with it being a 5 door. And seat covers are also available for them whereas the plus seats they are not.

Its a very hard choice to make as i personally prefer the Dynamic exterior style to the other models but would have liked the Prestige seats

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 10:21pm by bell-auto-services.)
16-10-2011 10:20pm
The Valeter

(16-10-2011 10:20pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi

Ive ordered the seats on my Coupe order as i feel they are a nice comfortable seat that looks good though expencive.
On the 5 door ive ordered ive not gone for the plus seat though ive still gone for the black and red Dynamic seats and added RSE instead with it being a 5 door. And seat covers are also available for them whereas the plus seats they are not.

Its a very hard choice to make as i personally prefer the Dynamic exterior style to the other models but would have liked the Prestige seats

Pete

Yes I've ordered the Verve (Black & Red) seats on mine, this was one of the features that drew me towards the Evoque in the first place. I have also considered the Rear Seat Entertainment (Hence other thread) but nice as it is seems way overpriced. I had the same dilema with my Freelander 2 - £1170 for 2 headrests with screens plus a few cables but no DVD player etc. At least with the Evoque you have this facility but the pack is over £1000 more expensive than the FL2 pack & that was rediculous lol Mad
What to do????Rolling Eyes

(This post was last modified: 16-10-2011 11:03pm by The Valeter.)
16-10-2011 11:01pm