babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque (/Thread-Aftermarket-Wheels-for-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2

Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - paulelescoces - 01-10-2011 06:14pm

Hi All,

I just received some prices from my dealer for a 2nd set of wheels with Pirelli snow & ice tyres fitted.... would cost in the region of €4500... hence I am having second thoughts and thinking more on aftermarket rims... or just replacing tyres on the style 6 I have ordered.

question on aftermarket rims...
- What are decent brands of rims.... which will make models to fit... and are/look decent.... any specific models of aftermarket rims which have caught your eyes?

Thanks,
Paul

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - griff - 01-10-2011 08:46pm

Paul
In the UK the price would be about half this from a main dealer. Seems expensive?

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - vcruiser - 02-10-2011 12:31am

Just change the tires.

I always keep the same wheels for winter as i do for summer.

Just spray down the wheels every once in a while! so salt doesn't build up!

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - GibEvoque - 02-10-2011 07:29am

Think its been mention on here before but, aftermarket wheels will invalidate warranty, seems a bit extreme by LR but is in the right as falls outside original design spec.

I presume this is due to the quality of the wheels, the difference in unsprung weight etc. changing the forces across the suspension and transmission.

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - Tomvoque - 03-10-2011 06:27pm

If somebody is looking for aftermarket rims.....watch this

http://www.reverelondon.com/flash.htm

no idea about the prices, maybe better so.....

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - 3VOQU3 - 04-10-2011 12:59am

here's the pics from Revere

I do like the rims..

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - GibEvoque - 04-10-2011 11:36am

(04-10-2011 12:59am)3VOQU3 Wrote:  here's the pics from Revere

I do like the rims..

Have to say i quite like the wheels, not sure about the colour coding.

Just don't looks at pics of the inside its horrendous.

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - XFullFatTim - 04-10-2011 11:48am

Lowering the suspension makes the car look even more like something heavy has landed on it though, if the front didn't get caught on a speed hump, I wonder if the lower suspension wouldn't get it hung up on the crest..................

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - gead - 04-10-2011 12:03pm

I know it's hideous and completely ridiculous, but it looks strangely alluring in those pictures....hated the interior though...

RE: Aftermarket Wheels for Evoque - BFGEvoqueMan - 04-10-2011 12:05pm

(02-10-2011 07:29am)GibEvoque Wrote:  Think its been mention on here before but, aftermarket wheels will invalidate warranty, seems a bit extreme by LR but is in the right as falls outside original design spec.

I presume this is due to the quality of the wheels, the difference in unsprung weight etc. changing the forces across the suspension and transmission.

I have never heard that aftermarket alloys will invalidate the warranty, else there will be about 75% of Germans driving around without warranty, as that is the normal way to put winter tyres on our cars here.

My advice: by a set of 17 " FL2 used alloys (who cars about the condition) and fit winter tyres. This keeps the cost to a minimum. Even buying aftermarket new with 17" tyres I would expect change from €900. My 2nd hand set of FL2 wheels cost me €250 (bit scratched) and new cooper tyres cost €400.