babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome (/Thread-Roof-Rails-Black-or-Chrome)

Pages: 1 2

Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - mark_n - 28-09-2011 06:53am

I'm planning to put roof rails on mine, mainly for show though I can see some real uses. Question is, black or silver?

I have a black panoramic roof so the immediate thought was black, but wondering whether they will get lost, so thinking about silver to provide a contrast.

Any thoughts, anyone?

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - ant - 28-09-2011 07:53am

Black to match your Dynamic trim.
If you had a Prestige then silver.
IMHO.
ANTVery Happy

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - Gthornton - 28-09-2011 08:50am

Agree! I've got silver ordered for my Prestige.

Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - gead - 28-09-2011 11:19am

Yep, I will be going for the black rails when it arrives...for the proper stormtrooper look you will need the gloss black roof box as well Very Happy

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - Barneyridge - 29-09-2011 05:34am

I was considering the silver for the Pure Fiji for some contrast. Agree black for Dynamic.

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - mark_n - 29-09-2011 10:06am

You buy the trim finishing kit separately in black or silver which replaces the two long strips on a car without panoramic roof or the four short pieces on a car with one and with a car with a black roof, I would obviously go for black trim finishers.

As for the rails themselves, keeping in mind I have silver car, there's a case for them being silver. The rails are nearly £400 so although I could try both, it's an expensive experiment!

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - XFullFatTim - 29-09-2011 11:04am

Anybody able to photoshop a set onto a silver Coupe to save Mark £400?

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - Spiderman - 29-09-2011 11:17am

If you add silver rails they could look like an roof rack atop a black roof Mark, my advice is to go black to blend them with the roof, for a more flowing seamless look as I think they will then look part of the car as opposed to perhaps looking like an aftermarket fit.

One other consideration....the addition of the rails will doubtless increase wind noise, so you may have a whistling sound to keep you company during your drives. I say this as my wife's last FL2 had them fitted and the noise was very intrusive & annoying...

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - CSJ - 29-09-2011 04:04pm

For me its black rails for Dynamic and Chrome for Prestige or Pure

RE: Roof Rails - Black or Chrome - VirtualCamper - 19-03-2012 11:22pm

Black rails on a pure Mauritius blue as they go with all the black gloss and black pano roof
[Image: 7785300c.jpg]

Same Mauritius blue pure with black bars from another angle
[Image: d6d08f3d.jpg]