babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
So what would you like to see on 2014MY - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: So what would you like to see on 2014MY (/Thread-So-what-would-you-like-to-see-on-2014MY)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - ED209 - 21-05-2013 10:46pm

really ? I am sure she designed some interior trim (the naff floral one) before the vb edition?

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - Crimdog - 22-05-2013 12:11am

The way JLR play it out is that she was consulted during the design process. The VB edition is "how she would personalise the evoque ( colour, trims ect) "

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - jitenc - 22-05-2013 07:10am

(22-05-2013 12:11am)Crimdog Wrote:  The way JLR play it out is that she was consulted during the design process. The VB edition is "how she would personalise the evoque ( colour, trims ect) "

I am surprised she hasn't used her emblem anywhere in the VB EDITION....or maybe she has secretly...

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - RacingSnake - 22-05-2013 07:33am

(21-05-2013 01:21pm)cjking Wrote:  Two things I really want (to the extent that I'm considering not buying a new car unless it has both) are adaptive cruise control and satnav with traffic info as good as TomTom HD.
Can't speak for the latter, but I would suspect the former is included - it's certainly on the 'new new' models they're pushing out (FFRR and new RRS).

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - XFullFatTim - 22-05-2013 09:08am

ACC has been available on petrol engined RRS and FFRR since 2005 and on V8 diesels since 2007, and it was standard equipment -it's now optional on the V6 diesels as well. I had it on my last two cars and it was great BUT in winter it was useless as slush and snow would freeze onto the sensor head and it would disengage and then you had no cruise at all, not even conventional cruise. I owe my life to the forward alter part of it when I was driving in fog with visiblity down to about 20ft when it detected something
In front of the car........... I slowed to a crawl and found an unlighted trailer being pulled by an unlighted tractor doing about 5 mph. I would probably have run into it with out that bit of the system

RE: So what would you like to see on 2014MY - speary - 23-05-2013 08:38am

(22-05-2013 09:08am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  ACC has been available on petrol engined RRS and FFRR since 2005 and on V8 diesels since 2007, and it was standard equipment -it's now optional on the V6 diesels as well. I had it on my last two cars and it was great BUT in winter it was useless as slush and snow would freeze onto the sensor head and it would disengage and then you had no cruise at all, not even conventional cruise. I owe my life to the forward alter part of it when I was driving in fog with visiblity down to about 20ft when it detected something
In front of the car........... I slowed to a crawl and found an unlighted trailer being pulled by an unlighted tractor doing about 5 mph. I would probably have run into it with out that bit of the system

TBH if you remember this one golden rule, you will not require some device that looks at what is in front of you
"Always be able to stop in the distance you can see to be clear"
Eventually such devices will de skill drivers so much that they will have no perception of what is a potentially dangerous situation.
Sorry for the rant but driving a 1.5 t lump of metal is a skill
This is not aimed particularly at you Tim, its a general comment