babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? (/Thread-Anyone-seen-Indus-Silver-in-the-flesh)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2011 09:54pm

I know I upset several members when I made a comment about Indus, here is a 5 door Pretsige [Image: 6e41f8d1.jpg]

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - mark_n - 06-10-2011 10:13pm

So now add black roof and trim (as in Dynamic) and bigger wheels. I'm not going for Privacy but I think it will be fine, for me at least.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2011 10:40pm

2 too many doors too isn't it mark?

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - mark_n - 06-10-2011 11:33pm

Now you come to mention it, err... yes.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - benzina - 20-11-2011 02:58pm

(06-10-2011 02:15am)benzina Wrote:  Indus Silver pic.....
[Image: _GHS5826.jpg]

Ipanema Sand Pic....
[Image: range-rover-evoque-pg-w.jpg]

I'm not sure,and need confirmation, but from my observation regarding the Dynamics front and rear upside-down plastic U-shapes, i was of the opinion that they were silver for all the colours, but looking at the Indus Silver painted cars, it seems they are an Orkney grey. Is this true,or am i seeing things? Would they do this just for the one colour? Have a look at the pictures.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - berlin2011 - 20-11-2011 04:06pm

You are correct - they are OG for the Indus Silver cars

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - mbs9 - 20-11-2011 06:34pm

I, too, have ordered Indus Silver, black roof (dynamic coupe). Here's a video of one that has great views...

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - benzina - 21-11-2011 02:03am

(20-11-2011 04:06pm)berlin2011 Wrote:  You are correct - they are OG for the Indus Silver cars

Wow, thanks berlin...Obviously done for a bit of contrast from the Indus then. Good thing i ordered the shadow chrome style 7 wheels, to tie in and complement the OG.
So is the OG exclusive to the Indus Dynamic's only? Do all the other colours in the range have the silver?

Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - DDX - 21-11-2011 07:15am

Benzina, I believe it's only Indus that has the OG contrasts.

On the travelling unleashed event they had an indus for display only, showcasing some accessories. I pointed out to an LR representative that the bumper contrast were a different colour to the other dynamics and they said it was a hiccup and that car was one of the first to be made. Since then, someone here posted a chart outlining trim colours etc, and I clearly remember that Indus was singled out having OG trim.

It looks fantastic and in my opinion very underrated. Silver is light enough to show off the cars sweeping lines yet just the right shade to be practical and hide everyday traffic dirt.

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh? - mark_n - 21-11-2011 08:17am

I originally chose Indus for those reasons - a practical colour and the bumper trims well integrated. The downside of silver (aka light grey metallic) is that it doesn't really shine and the silver Freelanders didn't appeal. In the end, I changed to Firenze which will catch the light better but I think the silver bumper trims are overdone and my instinct is to paint them black. Silver remains my second favourite colour.