Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?
Sassy

Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?

Hi Guys,

Have a coupe dynamic on order in Indus Silver with black panoramic roof and shadowline wheels. Was talked out of white by the men in my family who thought it would be the most ordered colour and therefore not v exciting/different. However, having seen Indus Silver in the first drive pics online, I think it looks RUBBISH! It looks dull and sensible.

Has anyone seen this colour in the flesh?

I already have a black car so wanted something different. My first choice was the bright blue but that's not available until 2012, and I am 3rd on the list at my dealer so wanted to take advantage of being one of the first on the road - hence don't want to wait any longer than I have to!

It's a shame there haven't been many evoque events in Scotland either for us to see the car in the flesh. There was one at knockhill i couldn't make but the car was firenze red anyway.

So anyway, opinions on Indus Silver please!!
08-06-2011 02:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Charlie
No Longer Registered

RE: Anyone seen Indus Silver in the flesh?

Hi Sassy and welcome. Indus silver was one of the cars at the 'live' events that have been on the last 3 weekends. I wasn't struck but saying that think it would look much better with a black roof. Lots of photos in the London and NEC event threads. I've ordered black but think white with tan interior looks amazing in the flesh on a coupe.
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 02:55pm by Charlie.)
08-06-2011 02:53pm
Sassy

Ok thanks I'll have a look for the pics you've mentioned.

However, not encouraged by your reply - as I suspected it's not a striking colour!! My dealer was also pushing for me to go for it (I think he was getting impatient with my indecision!) Might phone him and see if it's too late to reconsider. Not sure tan leather would work for me (have a dachshund with large muddy paws) but as I'm going for black/dark ext details, a black int would look fine.

ARGH! It's very annoying having to order without having had sight of the actual car.
08-06-2011 02:57pm
SW6RR

Hi - Indus Silver didn't strike me as particularly exciting and looked pretty bland compared with the black, red and white examples at the live events (imho, as ever!).

I am biased on white (I'm having this colour), but I have to say I think it just edges the red (which I think looks awesome also). In relation to the comment about originality - you're right that white will definitely be unoriginal. However, every time I see a VW Scirocco go past that isn't white I think to myself "jeez, why didn't you get a white one - it would have looked so much better!".
08-06-2011 03:47pm
cjfp

@Sassy - I think the Indus Silver looked really nice. However, most of the other colours look even better. (except the dark Gray which I think is too dark)

@SW6RR - I think you are wrong about white just edging the red, I think it's the other way around ..... but then I would say that (lol)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-06-2011 04:22pm
evoqueboy

^^ lol same as me with regards to the red edging the White!
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 04:53pm by evoqueboy.)
08-06-2011 04:52pm
ant

Firenze Red - in a coupe looks great.
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
08-06-2011 06:18pm
SW6RR

Ooooooh - well, the colour poll is on my side...! Wink
08-06-2011 06:26pm
paulus599

(08-06-2011 06:26pm)SW6RR Wrote:  Ooooooh - well, the colour poll is on my side...! Wink

... and so am I Thumbs Up

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
08-06-2011 08:27pm
Daigriff

I personally didnt like the look of Indus silver...too bland...as others have said it looks far better in the white, red, black, grey colours...and I also think it will look good in Buckingham Blue.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
08-06-2011 08:44pm