babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... (/Thread-Purenamic-or-is-it-Dymure-Pure-with-black-grill-and-trim)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim... - XFullFatTim - 05-02-2012 10:53pm

Best not to discus your modding plans here then, we know LR are reading the forums and you are all giving them ideas of which parts prices to hike next week!

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim... - spif888 - 06-02-2012 05:19am

Lets hope they read EVERYTHING!

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim... - Evoque U - 06-02-2012 06:11am

how did you go spif?

have you ordered your grill and vents yet?

I have pm'd Dan at duckworths a few times about 2months ago and also been emailing him to get prices to have Dynamic parts shipped to Australia but he still ha not returned my emails.

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim... - spif888 - 06-02-2012 09:22am

(06-02-2012 06:11am)Evoque U Wrote:  how did you go spif?

have you ordered your grill and vents yet?

I have pm'd Dan at duck
worths a few times about 2months ago and also been emailing him to get prices to have Dynamic parts shipped to Australia but he still ha not returned my emails.
He has responded to my emails but the news isn't good. LR hiked the prices without any warning, probably to deter Pure owners from changing over to a Dynamic look.

His prices have more than doubled. I have checked with a local smash repair shop and have been quoted $400 to have the plastic pieces finished in a high gloss black.

There is a black grille for sale on Ebay for £190-overpriced IMHO

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grille and trim... - WB - 06-02-2012 11:21am

LR seem to be very opportunistic with parts pricing but I think all they are doing in this instance is pricing themselves out of the market - its now cheaper to have the parts painted/wrapped so rather than make a reasonable profit they'll now sell far fewer - not the best strategy IMO. If this was a BMW or Mercedes a plastic side trim piece would cost £20 not £150!!

The thing is its not that I want to make my Pure look like a dynamic - if I wanted a dynamic I would have bought one but I simply don't like the Adaptive ride or any of the interior options. Incidentally if I'd bought a prestige I still would have switched to black grill and trim as I don't like the silver....

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - XFullFatTim - 06-02-2012 02:24pm

They also increase the prices so there is less chance of people buying up all the parts creating another shortage for the production line = more people get their car on time,

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - spif888 - 06-02-2012 09:28pm

(06-02-2012 02:24pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They also increase the prices so there is less chance of people buying up all the parts creating another shortage for the production line = more people get their car on time,
I can't imagine a few pieces of plastic trim could hold up or delay the production line.

Engines, xenon lights, panoramic glass roofs are major components in the manufacturing process but surely not a piece of plastic 30cm long. Even if there was additional demand for these basic pieces of plastic, one would assume Land Rover had a few hundred extra in their inventory to continue with production.

It's opportunistic and profiteering to the highest degree.

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - WB - 06-02-2012 11:07pm

(06-02-2012 09:28pm)spif888 Wrote:  I can't imagine a few pieces of plastic trim could hold up or delay the production line.

Engines, xenon lights, panoramic glass roofs are major components in the manufacturing process but surely not a piece of plastic 30cm long. Even if there was additional demand for these basic pieces of plastic, one would assume Land Rover had a few hundred extra in their inventory to continue with production.

It's opportunistic and profiteering to the highest degree.

+1

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - lngrn36 - 07-02-2012 01:22am

I asked last week about getting the parts here in TX. For four pieces of trim, doors and fenders, almost $1000.00
I asked the parts man if he was kidding!?
No, but he was embarrassed at the prices himself!
I didn't bother asking about the grill at that point I wanted to leave...

RE: Purenamic or is it Dymure... Pure with black grill and trim... - WB - 07-02-2012 12:30pm

(07-02-2012 01:22am)lngrn36 Wrote:  I asked last week about getting the parts here in TX. For four pieces of trim, doors and fenders, almost $1000.00
I asked the parts man if he was kidding!?
No, but he was embarrassed at the prices himself!
I didn't bother asking about the grill at that point I wanted to leave...

Get the grill painted. The side pieces are very easy to vinyl wrap.