babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Halewood the truth - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Halewood the truth (/Thread-Halewood-the-truth)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Halewood the truth - mark_n - 15-10-2011 01:06am

(14-10-2011 08:47pm)hybris Wrote:  iPhone 4s is a true disappointment.

Not to me it isn't and I have one in my hand. It will sell in volumes and at a profit margin which other vendors can only dream about. If you don't like it, that's fine, Apple won't care.

RE: Halewood the truth - griff - 15-10-2011 07:54am

This has got seriously off topic folks. Suggest you start a new thread.
Cheers

RE: Halewood the truth - hybris - 15-10-2011 08:56am

Yes we went a bit off topic. Wink Sorry for that.

Going back to topic. Are there any recent picture from the factory and around it? Would be interesting to see...

RE: Halewood the truth - Grah - 15-10-2011 09:50am

(14-10-2011 06:50am)Gorjan Wrote:  Don't blame the workers for being "greedy". They might also like to be able to purchase an Evoque Smile

However, they won't be able to if they don't have a job, obviously.

Let's hope they don't get over-confident and complaisant and end up exporting their own jobs overseas.

RE: Halewood the truth - mark_n - 15-10-2011 11:15am

I've no doubt at all about the commitment there and a real sense of pride to make it work but after a promising start, they seem to be running into one problem after another and of course we do not forget the tragic fatal accident. Do a search and you'll see there was a huge turnout for the poor man's funeral. He was, evidently, an ardent Liverpool supporter.

RE: Halewood the truth - XFullFatTim - 15-10-2011 11:41am

IIRC the problem isn't LR employees, one of the problems is a sub-contractor's employees being in dispute with their employer, nothing to do with LR, they are suffering as a result though.

RE: Halewood the truth - Gorjan - 15-10-2011 12:43pm

(14-10-2011 12:57pm)hybris Wrote:  An Iphone 4s is still an iPhone 4 with makeup. Marketing is king! I did not see one single killer feature why I would upgrade from iPhone 4 to iPhone 4s. Its a pig with makeup... Wink

Siri.