babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2014 MY fully explained - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: 2014 MY fully explained (/Thread-2014-MY-fully-explained)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - XFullFatTim - 12-10-2013 01:17am

In the UK the problem with the TMC isn't usually the set in the car it's the Highways Agency who don't update the system often enough - tonight driving to Edinburgh down the M9 I was offered 2 redirections from my chosen route, I accepted both the re-routes on the satnav but disregarded them and there were no delays whatsoever on the motorway. Just come home along the same route and at 0100 coming out of Edinburgh the TMC again wanted to redirect me and again there were no delays, in fact I was the only car on the motorway for nearly 30 miles and even where there were roadworks and one lane closed (there were even labourers working behind the cones!) the outside lane was still open and clear, so HA hadn't bothered their butts to update the TMC transmissions.

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - benzina - 20-10-2013 06:01am

Anyone know if they have done the following to the MY 2014 ......

(1) Added interior roof grab handles?
(2) Padded the scalloped door card?

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - mocha - 22-10-2013 11:05am

i'm just about to order a MY14 Pure , does anyone know if there are any new options or packs for this vehicle?

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - IvorRedOne - 22-10-2013 04:01pm

(09-10-2013 10:32pm)vinny Wrote:  No car of mine will have green badges stuck on it-no way!they will be getting ripped right off.Mad
Didn't think they would keep the round gear selector either but they have.

With you on the Badge.

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - vinny - 22-10-2013 09:08pm

(22-10-2013 04:01pm)IvorRedOne Wrote:  With you on the Badge.

Just doesn't go with my union jack valve covers!Very Happy

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - JaneRom - 28-11-2013 10:15pm

Just about to finalise my order on a new evoque ... could anyone please email me the 14MY Product Brief for the UK?? I don't know whether to change some of my options that were based on the 2013 car.

Many thanks

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - recordman - 28-11-2013 10:21pm

Here's the 2014 brochure:

http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/pdf/ebrochures/L538_14MY_UK_eBrochure.pdf

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - Straydox - 29-11-2013 01:23am

(12-10-2013 01:17am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In the UK the problem with the TMC isn't usually the set in the car it's the Highways Agency who don't update the system often enough - tonight driving to Edinburgh down the M9 I was offered 2 redirections from my chosen route, I accepted both the re-routes on the satnav but disregarded them and there were no delays whatsoever on the motorway. Just come home along the same route and at 0100 coming out of Edinburgh the TMC again wanted to redirect me and again there were no delays, in fact I was the only car on the motorway for nearly 30 miles and even where there were roadworks and one lane closed (there were even labourers working behind the cones!) the outside lane was still open and clear, so HA hadn't bothered their butts to update the TMC transmissions.

Actually Tim it isn't the Highways Agency that do TMC in the UK but a private company called ITIS Holdings and the data is derived from those TrafficMaster cameras you see hanging off bridges along with real time telemetry from 160,000 vehicles including National Express coaches and Eddie Stobart trucks.

The challenge is that the data isn't dynamic enough I reckon it's a 50/50 chance that there will be a holdup still in place on one's route when reported. There are alternatives TomTom use data derived from tracking Vodafone mobile SIM card movements and if you have a car with Google Map integration then it's the movement of Android phones on the road network and there are a lot of those!

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - HeartbreakRidge - 29-11-2013 07:16pm

Can't tell if this is based on actual tests of MY2014, but this article from Motor Trend quotes the new MPG as 21/30.

RE: 2014 MY fully explained - JaneRom - 30-11-2013 07:04pm

Can anyone shed any light on the new Climate seats? Ordering a Prestige Lux in Barolo Black but having looked at the new MY14 spec, can see these as a new option. Also it looks as if the Oxford Leather no longer has that annoying ivory contrast stitching! Am I correct about that?