babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way (/Thread-More-Evoque-a-likes-on-the-way)

Pages: 1 2

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - PhilSkill - 01-12-2014 02:53pm

Not to mention the New Mazda CX-3 for 2015

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/11/2016-mazda-cx-3-is-crispy-looking-small.html

http://asia.nikkei.com/Japan-Update/Compact-crossover-hits-the-road-in-2015

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - RacingSnake - 03-12-2014 09:41am

(01-12-2014 07:26am)mark_n Wrote:  Looking at Autotrader, there's something like 820 5 doors and 160 3 coupes currently for sale.
I got a letter from my local dealer yesterday asking if they could buy my car back off me at (and I quote) "over market value", as they have a backlog of getting specific used car configurations.

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - XFullFatTim - 03-12-2014 11:10pm

Yes I've had a similar email from 2 dealerships RS except there was no mention of "over market value" one dealer offered £35000....... And the other £40000, which wasn't bad taking into account the price I paid in March for it, but £35000 was not in the running.

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - Redrob - 03-12-2014 11:47pm

Also 670 for sale on Pistonheads, would certainly think about it if I received an "over market value" offer from a dealer.

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - Tony - 04-12-2014 12:09pm

(03-12-2014 09:41am)RacingSnake Wrote:  I got a letter from my local dealer yesterday asking if they could buy my car back off me at (and I quote) "over market value", as they have a backlog of getting specific used car configurations.

RS, who is your dealer, I would be interested in that offer. What I have been offered in the last week makes me think I should keep it another 18 months as I don't think it would loose much more. I have noted a couple of dealers have got 14 plate high end Evoques on the forecourt for more than they cost new - if only!

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - XFullFatTim - 04-12-2014 01:49pm

Tony, glad you enjoyed the Jag F Type - I did too and would have bought one instead of the Evoque had they then sold them with AWD. I see in Autocar that both V6's will be available with AWD and a manual gearbox "to widen the appeal of the car". The manual gearbox is to make it feel "more sporty"................. even with the 8 speed ZF box it's dammed fine sports car! Problem is that the AWD is £4800 extra and now the auto-box is an £1800 extra as of January I believe, but the price range of the car is also lower, a V6 (the lower powered one) in base form (manual and RWD) will start at £51000 for the coupe, so not far from a very high spec Evoque (and probably less once you get "incentives" to buy one as they are very slow sellers apparrently, like all Jags these days).

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way - Tony - 04-12-2014 03:06pm

(04-12-2014 01:49pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Tony, glad you enjoyed the Jag F Type - I did too and would have bought one instead of the Evoque had they then sold them with AWD. I see in Autocar that both V6's will be available with AWD and a manual gearbox "to widen the appeal of the car". The manual gearbox is to make it feel "more sporty"................. even with the 8 speed ZF box it's dammed fine sports car! Problem is that the AWD is £4800 extra and now the auto-box is an £1800 extra as of January I believe, but the price range of the car is also lower, a V6 (the lower powered one) in base form (manual and RWD) will start at £51000 for the coupe, so not far from a very high spec Evoque (and probably less once you get "incentives" to buy one as they are very slow sellers apparrently, like all Jags these days).

Tim, a manual gearbox interests me about as much as wind-up windows of old! We really need a coupe as the boot on the convertable is little more than a second glovebox. As the convertables suffer dire depreciation they are attractive second hand, this morning I found one with 390 miles on the clock, late 14 plate, V6S with some extras, discounted to £58k, thats around £14.5k off list. Tempting if I can move the Evoque on at a decent price. AWD would be much prefered but I would need to wait and buy a year old one - not sure I can wait. As a sensible alternative I am looking for a nice MG RV8 which should go up in value - at least better than an ISA, and I can maintain it myself.