Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Both Suzuki and SSangYong are about to launch sub £15000 small SUVs that look distinctly Evoque'ish, especially from the front due to their headlight design - on both cars the rear looks rather more Renault Captur though......
the next Suzuki Vitara and Ssangyong Tivoli are on their way - LR might have to start discounting heavier to keep up with all the imposters!
http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/2015-suz...is/1309582
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ssangyong/8...015-launch

Just how popular Evqoue has been for LR - today I drove 16 miles to town and on the way was passed by 9 Evoques going out for a day in the countryside with bikes on the roof or tailgate. In Sainsbury's carpark another 7 Evoques parked up and driving home I followed another 2 and we were passed by 7 of them heading into town! It really is a very popular car despite some of the tales of woe and poor quality. What I have noticed is that the car also seems to appeal to all sorts of owners - LR initially aimed at younger and female owners, but I would say I see more of them with families in them these days - also surprising how many Coupes I see around now, as many as 5 doors.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2014 02:53pm by XFullFatTim.)
30-11-2014 02:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Thank goodness, I don't have any Evoque's living in my area/town. The only time I see any Evoque's is when I drive the 60 mins to my dealer.

They just aren't that popular here.

Wife just took delivery of her new Captur and to be honest, I'm impressed with the ride and build quality. Not a bad motor at all for what we paid.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2014 04:21pm by Stadt Panzer.)
30-11-2014 04:17pm
Simplesimon

RE: More "Evoque-a-likes" on the way

They have become as common as muck!!

Laughing

Actually. Where I live (Liverpool side of cheshireConfused) I see the odd one floating about.
But when I visit the likes of Hale, Wilmslow and Bowdon which i do most days. They are bloody everywhere!
And I agree with Tim. More and more are becoming family cars and driven by the elderly. Mainly the Pure. And the Dynamic seems to driven by a younger market!
That's why at 59 yrs old, I ordered one!!Tongue Out
30-11-2014 05:59pm
XFullFatTim

Nearly one of our oldest member Simon!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
30-11-2014 07:13pm
Simplesimon

(30-11-2014 07:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Nearly one of our oldest member Simon!

WHAaaaat !!?!Shocked

59 going on 17!!:Cool
30-11-2014 07:35pm
mark_n

Here in Gloucestershire, they are not that common and outnumbered by the FFRR. I don't know why the 3 door is so common in Scotland, I would have thought paying more for getting less would go against the grain... I hardly ever see a coupe and you only have to look at the used car sites to see how rare, overall, they are.

Not surprising they are rare in Germany. Just think of the home-grown competition - Q3, Q5, X1, X3, Tiguan, Macan, Cayenne (maybe), more Mercedes than I can keep track of, and so on.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 07:17am by mark_n.)
01-12-2014 05:33am
mark_n

Looking at Autotrader, there's something like 820 5 doors and 160 3 coupes currently for sale.

If that is not skewed enough, the difference between petrol and diesel is even more stark: 960 diesel, 34 petrol.

How many of mine (3 door coupe, petrol)? 20.

So, 20/160 coupes are petrol, just 14/820 5 doors.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
01-12-2014 07:26am
Biker

So am I reading between the lines that if people want a "performance" Evoque, the petrol is the one and since diesel outnumbers it by far, they not interested in "performance" but "economy" instead?

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
01-12-2014 09:12am
Simplesimon

(01-12-2014 09:12am)Biker Wrote:  So am I reading between the lines that if people want a "performance" Evoque, the petrol is the one and since diesel outnumbers it by far, they not interested in "performance" but "economy" instead?
Isn't the diesel slightly quicker than the petrol!!?!

Looking at the performance figures the Diesel Auto is quicker by a small margin than the same in petrol!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2014 09:24am by Simplesimon.)
01-12-2014 09:20am
XFullFatTim

In September 3 door and 5 door were supposed to become the same price - I haven't looked on the configurator recently to see but 5 doors increased in price by a small amount and coupes came down in price so they were the same.

01-12-2014 10:30am