babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Please help - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Please help (/Thread-Please-help)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Please help - mark_n - 24-04-2014 01:59am

It's one of life's mysteries why the coupe is more expensive than the 5 door. True, it has passenger seat memory which the 5 door does not but then there's the small matter of it not having 2 doors and all their bits and pieces. It is lighter though which will make for slightly better performance but you can't help thinking it's vanity pricing by LR. It's no wonder LR sell less coupes than expected.

As for the OP's problem, their dealer's incompetence is unbelievable. I'm not sure how strong a position he'd be in in negotiating a discount so if I was in the same position, I'd carry on motoring at the dealer's expense.

RE: Please help - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2014 07:32am

Pricing: Coupe v 5 Doors - AFAIK after September there will be no price difference between the two body styles, 5 doors will increase in price and Coupes will reduce to a midway price. Land Rover has not sold as many Coupes as they envisaged and appear to have seen the light that customers don't want to pay more to have 2 doors less and a slightly lower roof line in the rear of the car. So existing Coupe owners suffer a residuals cut again as from what I can gather Coupe prices will reduce by half the difference and 5 Door prices will increase to match the mid-price.

RE: Please help - RacingSnake - 24-04-2014 08:11am

(23-04-2014 09:24pm)Redrob Wrote:  PM sent RacingSnake.
Nothing here? Confused

RE: Please help - XFullFatTim - 24-04-2014 09:46am

I got one from Redrob RS so maybe he meant me not you!

RE: Please help - PhilSkill - 24-04-2014 01:07pm

(24-04-2014 01:59am)mark_n Wrote:  It's one of life's mysteries why the coupe is more expensive than the 5 door. True, it has passenger seat memory which the 5 door does not but then there's the small matter of it not having 2 doors and all their bits and pieces. It is lighter though which will make for slightly better performance but you can't help thinking it's vanity pricing by LR. It's no wonder LR sell less coupes than expected.

There are of course also the all important Bonnet Vents on the Coupe!
(otherwise known as the squealy rubber belt water inlet holes! Laughing )

RE: Please help - Mark^^ - 24-04-2014 02:01pm

or you could do what I have just done to get around there being no bonnet vents on the 5 door and buy some Hawke stick on vents and get the look less the "squealy rubber belt water inlet holes"

RE: Please help - Redrob - 24-04-2014 02:34pm

(24-04-2014 08:11am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Nothing here? Confused

Apologies, Hopefully it's there now.

RE: Please help - RacingSnake - 24-04-2014 06:38pm

(24-04-2014 02:34pm)Redrob Wrote:  Apologies, Hopefully it's there now.
Thumbs Up

RE: Please help - ChuckieB - 24-04-2014 07:36pm

(24-04-2014 01:07pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  There are of course also the all important Bonnet Vents on the Coupe!
(otherwise known as the squealy rubber belt water inlet holes! Laughing )

squealy rubber belts are not the sole preserve of the coupe!

RE: Please help - m_101 - 24-04-2014 07:39pm

I agree - serious dealer incompetence! I would talk to them and see whether they would rather give you the 5-door at a hefty discount or reject the car again and keep the my13 and carry on motoring at their expense.