Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help
Redrob

Please help

Just wondered what you think?...........

You may remember that mid Feb we went to our dealer for the handover of our brand new
MY14 Dynamic Coupe, Orkney Grey, pan roof, powered tailgate, DTRL's and some other goodies,
But when we arrived, we found that it was in fact a MY13 model with just 14 miles on the clock, which
After reading on this forum about the old 6 speed gearbox etc..... We decided
To reject it.
We then decided with our dealer for them to build us exactly the same model, but an MY14 with the 9 speed gearbox, smaller wing mirrors etc...
We were given the MY13 as a loan car whilst our new one was being built.
Well that day has finally arrived and was told yesterday that we could pick it up this weekend, however
today they phoned us and said that they had made a mistake and our "Coupe" was now a "5 door"

I just wondered what options you people might think I have, and what you would do?

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
23-04-2014 07:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrNoo

RE: Please help

If you're spending all that on a new car you should get what you want/ordered. If it was me I tell them I don't want the 5 door (unless you've changed your mind since ordering the Coupe) and insist they reorder you the Coupe to the same specification. Meanwhile you keep the MY13 loan car to use until the MY14 Coupe is delivered.
Frankly it beggars belief how incompetent the dealer is.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
(This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 04:21pm by MrNoo.)
23-04-2014 08:54pm
Julian

Very stupid mistake!

But a 5 door really isn't bad .... I would stick with it, but that's personal.
23-04-2014 08:56pm
ceebee

Please help

Shocking!!!

Someone needs b@ll@@ing at the dealers for the mix-up.

Choices could be to accept the 5 door with a discount to reflect their error (on top of the reduction for the 5 door compared to the coupe) or start the wait again...............

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
23-04-2014 08:56pm
RacingSnake

Wow, that really is completely incompetent, and really so very fundamental to the bloody car!!!

Personally the coupe lines are much nicer than the 5 door, so I'd be having a very strong word, insist they order me the right god-damned vehicle and throw in a heated steering wheel as a sweetener. Wink

Edit to add... which dealer? if you don't want to name and shame, pm me... cos I'm nosey Laughing

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2014 08:59pm by RacingSnake.)
23-04-2014 08:57pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Stadt Panzer

Please help

Not forgetting that the coupe costs more than the 5 door!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
23-04-2014 09:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Beyond believe that the dealer has cocked up twice! I hope that Pete@LRCS will be on the phone first thing tomorrow to speak to you to sort things out and then to the dealer to sort out an immediate replacement car.

Ask the dealer what compensation they will offer if you take the car - the 5 door is £1000? less but more practical. I have swapped from a coupe to a 5 door - I'm near retirement and single so number of doors is really immaterial but retained value of the 5 door is better than a Coupe. The lines of the coupe are nicer in my eyes.

Biggest question though - with build times being what they are will they deliver you a 2015MY car for the same price as you are paying today and can you wait that long. There are likely to be price changes for 2015MY too as some items that are options now will become standard - there are also new colours coming and some going. Best to sit down and play hardball with your dealer and then go and line up another who might be somewhat more efficient. I think also you need to contact Land Rover customer services and express your disappointment with one of their dealers mis-selling your first car and then getting your second one completely wrong.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2014 09:23pm by XFullFatTim.)
23-04-2014 09:02pm
Redrob

PM sent RacingSnake.

Could I be the only forum member to have bought a.......
MY13 a
MY14 and a
My15 and we are not even halfway thru the year yet.......

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2014 09:30pm by Redrob.)
23-04-2014 09:24pm
is1983

I've taken the liberty to provide you with your new signature...

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......
MY14 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's TPMS etc......

I would be going mad at them. Surely LRCS should look into this and then hopefully deal with you direct for the order of the next one.
23-04-2014 10:52pm
PhilSkill

Whilst it is major dealer incompetence, i'd be asking what the agreed invoice total sum was as if you've paid for the Coupe you'll be expecting a refund if you took the 5 door, but if you can get them to let you keep the loan car you can carry on free motoring at the dealers expense while they sort it out!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
23-04-2014 11:19pm