babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Very Poor Economy - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Very Poor Economy (/Thread-Very-Poor-Economy)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Very Poor Economy - e11smt - 01-02-2014 04:34pm

Yer it's been into the dealer and they just said they'd updated the ECU and it should help.

Still doing it though, and the regeneration seems to maybe happen more often than it should and affect consumption more than it should.

I've got 54mpg on a long run before, with no regeneration.

However on the same long journey I've done with the regen kicking in I've got like 42 mpg, which to me is significant. I may take it in again and ask them to have another look?

And it's alright saying 'shouldn't have got an evoque' but when the stated figures are as they are, you wouldn't expect to be spending so much on diesel....

RE: Very Poor Economy - BobM - 02-02-2014 11:59am

I have now owned half a dozen cars with DPF (including my Evoque) and driven dozens at work. None were ever noticeable in respect of performance when the DPF cycle was on - to be honest, I have never even been aware of any car I had been driving ever going into the DPF cycle!.
The worst thing I ever noticed was one day I parked the car up when it was obviously part way through a cycle and you get that almost burning plastic bag stuck to the exhaust smell.
I would think that if you are having noticeable regular performance drops then its not your DPF. Have you considered the water in fuel filter problem that seems quite regular, though you are likely to come to a grinding halt with that one.
In any case, unless you are driving short journeys everyday where the car is not reaching operating temperature, the DPF cycle would be lucky to activate once a month (or less).

RE: Very Poor Economy - XFullFatTim - 02-02-2014 02:45pm

Have you also tried a different service outlet? Or contacting Land Rover Customer Services - Pete may be able to help if the situation has been dragging out and the dealers have had no joy in solving the issue.

RE: Very Poor Economy - e11smt - 02-02-2014 04:01pm

Hmmm I'll take it in a couple of long journeys and see if things improve.

I can't even remember the last time the stop/start worked though.

Maybe it's worth just booking it back in at the dealer and also contacting land rover, cheers guys

RE: Very Poor Economy - speary - 06-02-2014 02:05pm

(02-02-2014 04:01pm)e11smt Wrote:  Hmmm I'll take it in a couple of long journeys and see if things improve.

I can't even remember the last time the stop/start worked though.

Maybe it's worth just booking it back in at the dealer and also contacting land rover, cheers guys

On my regular commute I get 42mpg. When regen is on it drops to 32
My stop start stopped working last year. It was fixed with a software update

No modern DPF equipped diesel is suitable for short journeys where the engine doesn't get to full temp and stays there for a while

RE: Very Poor Economy - Jeroma - 08-02-2014 03:50pm

(01-02-2014 12:50am)Bugblatter Wrote:  38mpg? You are lucky! If you want mega fuel economy, you should not have bought an Evoque!

We get around 26mpg.
I bought recently an ed4 as I don't need a 4wheel drive. After having done around 2500 miles the fuel consumption in mixed driving is 46mpg, whats very reasonable for a this car in fact I expected far less, it's even better than my Koleos with the same engine power.
My Triumph TR6 , a much lighter car with 165hp does about 25 mpg, and this was reasonable in the 70th....

RE: Very Poor Economy - e11smt - 09-02-2014 01:46pm

Thanks for all the input people.

The start/stop decided to work the other day, but not on the return journey, it seems completely spontaneous!

Averaging 33.8mpg. Definitely wont be purchasing a diesel next time I don't think.

Acceptable in the 70s when petrol was 80p per gallon Tongue Out

RE: Very Poor Economy - fam1x - 10-02-2014 10:10am

I need to find out how you guys are getting such high figures Smile I've just had my car services and what ever update they have done to the software seems to have made it worse for me in terms of fuel consumption. Now its down the the 20mpg on average if I'm lucky.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the engine remapped and removing the DPF as I'm told it could improve performance and fuel economy. I'm sure there was a thread for engine remapping. Has anyone done this to their Evoque please comment ?

RE: Very Poor Economy - e11smt - 10-02-2014 09:38pm

I'm considering doing that too but everyones banging on about it being illegal

although I was told that about getting a de-cat exhaust on my vxr, and it still passes its MOT

RE: Very Poor Economy - cjfp - 10-02-2014 10:25pm

(10-02-2014 10:10am)fam1x Wrote:  I need to find out how you guys are getting such high figures Smile I've just had my car services and what ever update they have done to the software seems to have made it worse for me in terms of fuel consumption. Now its down the the 20mpg on average if I'm lucky.

I'm seriously thinking of getting the engine remapped and removing the DPF as I'm told it could improve performance and fuel economy. I'm sure there was a thread for engine remapping. Has anyone done this to their Evoque please comment ?

I think you need to find out whats wrong with the car befor you make drastic moves. Unless you have a very heavy foot all the time (or drive with the brakes on) then there does seem to be something wrong with your car.