babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Automatic Wipers - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Automatic Wipers (/Thread-Automatic-Wipers)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Automatic Wipers - XFullFatTim - 09-10-2012 04:06pm

+1 on the totally random effectiness although I do have a noticable difference in sensitivity between the "Min" and "Max" settings on the stalk.
I think the sensor is the clear patch of screen behind the mirror mount, looks like a small matchbox stuck on the screen

RE: Automatic Wipers - Barton Evoque - 09-10-2012 04:35pm

No problems with mine on auto 3 weeks on from delivery.

RE: Automatic Wipers - hondafreak - 09-10-2012 08:24pm

(09-10-2012 04:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  +1 on the totally random exffectiness

compared to my previous car (Honda Accord) this auto wiper logic is almost useless. it's the same with the auto Headlights...

RE: Automatic Wipers - eddkawasaki - 10-10-2012 06:22am

Could this be that the dealer has configured them for vehicle speed control instead of rain sensor?

From the manual

1. Rotate the collar to adjust the intermittent
period. The intermittent delay period will
vary and is controlled by either vehicle
speed or a rain sensor. The control must be
in position (4) to be operational.
This is a dealer configurable option.

RE: Automatic Wipers - cjfp - 10-10-2012 06:56am

(10-10-2012 06:22am)eddkawasaki Wrote:  Could this be that the dealer has configured them for vehicle speed control instead of rain sensor?

From the manual

1. Rotate the collar to adjust the intermittent
period. The intermittent delay period will
vary and is controlled by either vehicle
speed or a rain sensor. The control must be
in position (4) to be operational.
This is a dealer configurable option.

Good bit of remembering there edd.

RE: Automatic Wipers - eddkawasaki - 10-10-2012 07:01am

hehehe I've read the manual cover to cover about 30 times during the wait for my car to be delivered!

Only 5 days to delivery and 12 days until I pick it up now so I can probably read it a couple more times Smile

RE: Automatic Wipers - KaDargo - 10-10-2012 10:01am

(09-10-2012 04:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  +1 on the totally random effectiness although I do have a noticable difference in sensitivity between the "Min" and "Max" settings on the stalk.
I think the sensor is the clear patch of screen behind the mirror mount, looks like a small matchbox stuck on the screen

I beleive that is the sensor, and it seems particularly sensitivfe to bug splatter Laughing

RE: Automatic Wipers - Big G - 10-10-2012 03:28pm

(09-10-2012 01:23pm)cjfp Wrote:  Mine appear to work fine, no complaints after 1 year and they've certainly had lots of practice this year!

+1

RE: Automatic Wipers - speary - 11-10-2012 08:26am

I know this has been said before, but with winter approaching !. If your screen is iced up move the wiper stalk FROM auto befor you start the car. This is because the rain sensor will have ice/frost on it and will probably do a wipe which could damage your blades etc if they are frozen to the screen

RE: Automatic Wipers - wavey.dave - 11-10-2012 10:19am

I didn't realise that there was a speed control on the stalk, on my last car (BMW) that controlled the intermittent speed, but of course, the Evoque doesn't have intermittent.

Changing from min to one higher has made a big impact (was on min since leaving dealer). However, I find that any other setting on the stalk has no impact. So its either min, or on as far as I can tell.