babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Rear view - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Rear view (/Thread-Rear-view)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Rear view - XFullFatTim - 06-03-2012 10:06pm

How do you get an audible sound out of BLIS, mine is silent, thank goodness!

RE: Rear view - Barneyridge - 06-03-2012 10:14pm

I do not think the blind spot monitoring is necessary for daily driving. Whilst the rear window is small, there is surprising visibility in the blind spots. I have found while driving, in conjunction with using the side mirrors there is plenty of vision. Where I do have an issue while driving, mainly in car parks and at intersections is the blind spots around the A Pillar due to the size of the mirrors. The mirrors and A pillar cause loss of vision of the kerb when going around a corner or loss of pedestrian view.

In terms of parking, I think the rear view is not totally necessary, but very helpful. I do not have the surround camera option but do have the front sensors which are helpful too.

RE: Rear view - Westy - 06-03-2012 10:18pm

I have a basic pure and if I had had more budget would have ordered xenons, blind spot mirror and camera, most people believe that the vision out will be poor but when you drive it is like being in the tardis. There's alot of room and the view out is really not that bad.
I have got used to it now but I agree the reverse camera would be a benefit.
Blinds spot mirrors would be a benefit as they don't have the dotted section on the mirror glass because of the new technology blind spot option that replaces this.
I have never had a car with this feature so can't comment, but the reports I have read say it is great, I took my car over to holland last week on business and really missed the blind spot mirror on the passenger side.
Perhaps next time I will be careful with my options for Evoque.

Hope this helps

RE: Rear view - Cedric - 06-03-2012 11:19pm

(06-03-2012 10:14pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  I do not think the blind spot monitoring is necessary for daily driving. Whilst the rear window is small, there is surprising visibility in the blind spots. I have found while driving, in conjunction with using the side mirrors there is plenty of vision. Where I do have an issue while driving, mainly in car parks and at intersections is the blind spots around the A Pillar due to the size of the mirrors. The mirrors and A pillar cause loss of vision of the kerb when going around a corner or loss of pedestrian view.

In terms of parking, I think the rear view is not totally necessary, but very helpful. I do not have the surround camera option but do have the front sensors which are helpful too.

I second that. While testdriving mine I didn't have any issues with backward visibility, but only with those bloody huge mirrors. I nearly missed a car at a roundabout.

RE: Rear view - Claud - 07-03-2012 12:49am

(06-03-2012 10:06pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  How do you get an audible sound out of BLIS, mine is silent, thank goodness!
Tim
I had the reversing sensor sound kick in when I cut in a little soon after overtaking. Guess it only sounds in very close proximity, although I must have had a 10-15m gap when I pulled in. The vehicle I passed sped up and left me very little space.